Tourist Visa Extension Question

Does anyone know if the tourist visa extension is multi-entry and if the months are rolling dates? For example, once you get the extension could you be in Brazil for the first month of the extension, leave for one month, then come back for two months in the same year? Or is it only for the immediate 3 months from when you get the extension? Thanks!

02/03/23 @sovelong.  For US citizens, you're allowed up to 180 in every 365 days, counting backward from your date of arrival.  So in your example, if you leave Brazil 30 days into a 90 day extension, you still have the remaining 60 days available to you when you return. 

To calculate your days, count the number of days you were in Brazil (counting day of arrival and day of departure as full days) during the 365 days immediately prior to your next arrival.  180 minus that number is the number of days you still have available.

@abthree

How does that work during the Residency Process?

I am in the 2nd leg of my tourist visa. I will have started / completed the criminal… and the Brazilian / marriage before that leg is up. Then I have 1year for the spouse residency. I have to return to the USA in May for 2 wks. to get the stuff I left behind.

How does it work if I am in the Residency process?

Roddie in Retirement🕵🏽

02/04/23 @ Roddie Simmons.  Several questions in order to better answer yours:

• Have you already started the application process for permanent residency with the Polícia Federal?
  • How many days have you already been in Brazil on a tourist visa?
  • When you say "I will have started/completed ... the Brazilian/marriage", does that mean that you're not married yet:?

I don't mean to be intrusive, but I don't want to make assumptions about your situation without knowing more. 1f600.svg

@abthree  No Problemo!!!

• We have been married for 22 years.
  • We are about to do the Brazilian Marriage,
  • We live in a small village so even though we have a “C” they haveheard of the process, but since I am the only. Americano for miles, they don't know how to do it so we need  to go to Fortaleza - 6hours away.
  • We are in the second 90 days.
  • we have about 45 days left.
  • We need to submit the background check thing.

Roddie in Retirement🕵🏽l

02/04/23 @Roddie Simmons. 

Please see my DM. 👍🏻

@abthree

Thanx for The DM.

I am sure it will work out. I am suffering from communicating with only an I Phkne SE on very, very small type. I will send you a reply next week when I hopefully have my laptop back.

Thanx

Roddie In Retirement🕵🏽

Sincerely Operating Blind

02/04/23 @abthree
Thanx for The DM.

I am sure it will work out. I am suffering from communicating with only an I Phkne SE on very, very small type. I will send you a reply next week when I hopefully have my laptop back.

Thanx
Roddie In Retirement🕵🏽
-@Roddie Simmons

Understood -- hang in there.