The cost of Living in Oman in 2023

Hello everyone,

As every year, we invite you to share your experience on the evolution of the cost of living in the region or city where you live in order to answer future requests for information from new members of the site who would like to move there soon in Oman.

In terms of accommodation, how much does it cost to rent/buy a flat or house in in Oman?
How much do you pay on average for public transport (bus, metro, train, tram, taxi)?
What is the average price of your monthly food basket?

How much does health insurance cost? How much does it cost to see a doctor in Oman?

What about school fees for your children?

What is the average monthly cost of electricity, gas, water, internet, telephone?

What is the average cost of your leisure activities?

If there are other expenses that you think are useful, please share them!

Thank you in advance for your future contribution.

Mickael
Expat.com Team

@Mickael

we want to move to sohar Oman in April 2023. But we are waiting for all the queries that are in answered yet. Hope some one help us.

family of four, children age 17 and 13.

Hi there,

I will try to  provide you some basic figures of living costs in Oman, but its actually in a ranges , depensing on few factors:

In terms of accommodation, how much does it cost to rent/buy a flat or house in in Oman?

Ans. Ranges from 150 OMR - 240 OMR-Monthly

How much do you pay on average for public transport (bus, metro, train, tram, taxi)?

Ans. The average Monthly can be 100-200 OMR depending on your usage. It is better here to rent a car on monthly basis, if your requirement of transportation is more.

What is the average price of your monthly food basket?

Ans. Again it varies by your eating habits but falls in the range of 200-400 OMR Monthly.

How much does health insurance cost? How much does it cost to see a doctor in Oman?

Ans. Medical is expensive here but usually, it is provided by the companies.

What about school fees for your children?

Ans. Depending on type of school & cirriculum it ranges in 40-200 OMR Monthly

What is the average monthly cost of electricity, gas, water, internet, telephone?

Ans. it ranges from 40-60 OMR Monthly

What is the average cost of your leisure activities?

Ans. It depends but can be within 150 OMR- Monthly

Regards,

Hello Maimoona Naveed,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for the input @Asif_Hassan

You can start a new thread on the Oman forum to ask your questions.

Any topic can be discussed here with other members.

For a start, you can read the Living in Oman guide for expats.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi Asif

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking for a precise reply on living costs in from quite some time.

your assessment will help me figure out my plans.

Thanks

Joydev

Closed