INQUIRIES FOR TRAVELLING

What are the necessary documents one as a Nigerian can possess to travel to Cado Verde and how is the country?

Hi there, I travelled down to Cape Verde in December last year and so I have updated info on what is required. It was really difficult to find information but I have decided not to be stingy and to release the info I have with me.

Passport: of course, this is required

Yellow Card Vaccine Card: No one mentioned this online, but it was an absolute prerequisite. I am very glad I got it as an extra

Covid Vaccine Card: Even though they said that it's not necessary, it's best to have this as Nigerians are judged by very different standards compared to other countries.

EASE Visa: You can get this online once you book your flight. You can get it done here: http://www.ease.gov.cv/?affiliateId=airheart but be aware that they do not accept Nigerian cards or anyhow dollar cards. It's preferable to use a Euro Card.

Return Ticket: I would advise you to match the dates you want to register on your EASE Visa. Even though they say online that Nigerians have up to 90 days in CV, that's not true, the EASE Visa can only accommodate 30 days so it's best to book a flight for 30 days. I ended up having to book another return flight to Senegal because the dates were not matching and I didn't want to get turned back. The best airline to get is ASKY Airlines. The ticket to and fro cost about 540k total and the journey was only about 9 hours total with layovers and more.

Travel Insurance: I got a cheap one for 5k from Leadway Insurance mainly because even though it's not explicitly mentioned, it's best to have something like that on hand in case of any situation.

Travel Money: The official website says you should have 100 euros per day that you'd spend in Cape Verde. Now I wasn't asked for this, but it's best for you to have it on hand in actual cash or have a card that has that money in it. I was lucky to scale through security easily

Hotel Reservation: This is very important and was asked of me at the entrance to the country

Also, make sure you dress well and talk confidently. I've heard of many Nigerians being turned back but when I came in, I didn't have many issues and wasn't even questioned.

Overall, I personally think it's one of the best places in Africa right now. The lifestyle is a lot more chill and cool. The power here is amazing. Since I arrived, the power has only gone out for a total of 15 minutes. It's a great place to be.

@Josiah Ati

I will like to talk more with you as I am my wife are planning to visit Cape Verde in march ... here is my email *** please do well to send an email.

Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct