How we can transfer our pensions/pensions providers?

Hi All,

My husband and I are starting to plan an early retirement (in approx. 3 years from now). Any advice would be gratefully received. Our starting point is to find more information about how we can transfer our pensions/pensions providers and any information as to the banking systems/costs/etc.

We are looking forward to connecting via and meeting new friends when we finally arrive.

Kind regards

Jill Haley (husbands name is Nick)

Hello jillhaley,

Welcome to 1f601.svg

Since you have already asked a good question in your first post, I have moved and created a new thread with your post on the Panama forum.

You are more likely to get insight on this topic this way

Best of luck,

Cheryl team

We have found it convenient to maintain a USA address for banking and financial things (daughter's house). You can get cash from one of the many ATM's with your credit/debit card and any larger store takes credit cards. More and more things can be managed and paid on line.

if you want or need a Panamanian bank account it can be done. It would be best to talk with your lawyer. It's been too long for me and all I remember is a lot of paperwork. A bank can give you a list of what you need. I think it might be easier after you have residency. I almost never use mine though.

social security payments can be sent to a Panamanian bank. I imagine it's the same for pensions.