I want to work in Dubai

Hello, I am a plastic artist, graphic designer, coordinator of international exhibitions, and teacher of general plastic arts. I want to work in Dubai. I hope for information, thank you

Hi Hamanabil,

Welcome on board !

I suggest that you read the articles of the Living in Dubai guide for expats specially those pertaining to work.

You may also drop an advert and create your CV in the jobs in Dubai section of the website.

Regards

Bhavna

I have done MBA in marketing from osmania University, I m working as marketing represtative in medley pharmaceutical since 10 years .can I get good opportunities in Dubai please me through ur suggestions.

Thank you

From,

India

Hello Farha Nahid,

Welcome !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Dubai section of the website. You may also read the articles under the Work in Dubai of the Guide to know how you can land an opportunity.

all the best

Bhavna

@Hamanabil201822

If you're considering working in Dubai's art and design scene, it's essential to start by researching the local art landscape. Dubai boasts a thriving arts and culture scene, with numerous galleries, museums, and cultural events. Understanding the local art scene and its trends is crucial as it will help you align your skills and style with the city's artistic preferences.

Networking is a fundamental aspect of establishing a presence in Dubai's creative community. Attending art exhibitions, gallery openings, and cultural events can be an excellent way to meet fellow artists, gallery owners, and potential employers. Dubai is known for hosting international art fairs like artdubai.ae/, providing valuable networking opportunities on a global scale.

Creating an online portfolio showcasing your artwork and graphic design projects is a practical step to take. An online presence allows potential employers and clients to assess your capabilities and style. Additionally, it's advisable to explore online job portals and specialized websites such as Artsy Jobs and LinkedIn, where you can find job listings in the art and culture sector.

Work permits and visas are critical considerations when planning to work in Dubai. Ensure that you have the necessary documentation in compliance with local regulations, which may vary depending on your nationality and the nature of your work.

Teaching opportunities in Dubai's art and design field are growing, so consider reaching out to schools and universities. Your experience as a teacher of general plastic arts could be in demand. Dubai also hosts various artists' communities and creative spaces that offer collaboration opportunities and support for artists.

Finally, knowing the local language, Arabic, can be advantageous, especially for teaching positions and when dealing with local clients. While English is widely spoken in Dubai, Arabic proficiency can set you apart.

Joining professional organizations related to your field can provide valuable resources and networking opportunities. These organizations often host events and provide insights into the local industry.

In summary, Dubai's competitive art and design scene offer numerous opportunities for creative professionals. Persistence, a strong portfolio, and a proactive approach to networking will be key to your success in this dynamic city.

Hello Hamanabil,

Here are some suggestions to help you pursue a career in Dubai

• Create a CV that highlights your skills as a plastic artist, graphic designer, and exhibition coordinator.
  • Do research on art galleries, museums, cultural events, and art schools in Dubai.
  • Join online art communities, forums, and social media groups related to the art and design sector in Dubai to connect with artists, employers, and art enthusiasts.
  • Next, look for job openings in your sector on reputed job portals in Dubai and art-related websites.

Wish you good luck on your job search!

Afrah Tasnim