Russian citizen moving as a digital nomad to Argentina

I'm a Russian citizen (male) who is currently living and working abroad due to current issues in my country. For me and my family, Argentina seems a nice place to go for a residency (and maybe a second passport). I work remotely and is being paid in US dollars.

I'm considering the following options, each of them having its own issues...

1. Digital Nomad visa. The problem here that it gives only the "residencia transitoria", that can't be shared with my wife & children, neither it gives me enough rights.
  2. "Residencia temporal: estudiantes". Is it possible to enroll in a class/course (e.g., of spanish language) for a period of 6-24 months and thus get a temporary residence for students?
  3. "Residencia temporal: razones humanitarias". Given that the government of Russia has launched military mobilization, this can serve as a valid reason for residing in Argentina. Does Argentina consider it this way?

The next question concerns taxes. What is the tax for digital nomads (residencia transitoria) and for those who obtained temporary residence? Let's say, I continue working remotely with no  exposure to the Argentina's labor market.

There are expats groups in Argentina where these questions will be answered. WhatsApp me to add you to any of the groups *******

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello maradona4rill,

If you have any information to share, then kindly do so on the forum itself.

It will be helpful for other members as well.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello, I am an Argentine citizen. Based on the current situation in your country, I think the fastest option for you and your family is to apply for refugee status, since you meet the requirements. I leave the official link with information below...

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pdf/conar … ingles.pdf

About Taxes they are really heavy here, some people prefer to stay out of the official market and have their earnings in an account abroad. Others have decided to move to Uruguay, which has lower taxes.

I suggest you by pass ВНЖ and go for straight citizenship. Immigration law is military law, for this reason it does not protects you for repatriation. During WWII there were 750.000 deserters and none was repatriated because they got citizenship. More info here: [link moderated]

citizenship delays 30 months since you arrive and during the application you are tax free.

@PingGuoRen

I can only answer question #3 with some level of knowledge/certainty. If there is ANY way that you can get your employer to "require" you to move to Argentina for your employment, it will give you SIGNIFICANT income tax advantages, basically avoiding Argentine income tax according to Argentine tax law. I know it's not much, but I hope this helps.

@PingGuoRen Talk to an immigration lawyer. Asking your legitimate questions in a public forum is like standing in the town square and yelling, "My cow is sick. What's wrong with it?"