New members of the Norway forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Norway forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Norway if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi my name is Adenike I came to Norway last year august with visiting visa and before my visa expired I applied for family reunion which I got rejection two weeks ago, I was told in the letter that since my husband is not a citizen I can't apply for family reunion from Norway but I have to go back to my home country and apply. Meanwhile my husband is over due for citizenship because he has stayed in Norway for over 19years and he has pass the citizenship exam last year and he hold EU permanent residents, my question is can we appeal on this basis! And what are the chances of them letting me stay in Norway during the appeal process?

@akintoye elizabeth what do you mean when you say he is "overdue" for his citizenship? Has he filed the paperwork yet? I know that in the peak of covid lockdowns there was a big delay between filing the application online and then being able to get an appointment at UDI, but as far as I can see that is no longer an issue (I just checked for appointments now and there are a number of slots available in the next few weeks in Oslo)

@ECS you know it's takes 7years to become a citizen but he has already spend 19years in Norway and he has written the citizenship exam and passed.a new law came in last year October I think that if u to have B2 to also qualify and now the next exam is in march, so after d exam he will then apply.

.. hi.. i'm jorge bacalla Lambo jr I'm interested as  living in your country.. as soon as possible  yes i'm hard worker..  my question is can we apply to your country  as a worker..

Hoping for kind considerations..

Truly yours..

Jorge jr Bacalla   

Hello everyone,

@ George Bacalla, welcome !

Please read the articles of the Living in Norway guide for expats to gather information about work. Should you have any need for info after reading the Guide, feel free to open your own thread on the Norway forum.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi All,

Nice to meet you all, My name is Dolapo Okunsanmi from Nigeria, moved to Oslo in January 2023 as an IT ex-pat. Finding accommodation has been challenging.

Hello Dolapo,

Welcome to expat.com!

How are you finding Oslo so far? Have you been able to finally find an accommodation there?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi @Yoginee, just got a place in Lillestrom. Moving next week.

Norway is expensive.

Hello Dolapo,

I can understand that.

Usually the first 6 months of an expatriation is the hardest. Once you get used to the lifestyle there, everything will fall into place1f60a.svg

Wish you all the best for this new adventure,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

My name is Oceana, I'm from Australia, and it's nice to meet you all.

Hello Oceana,

Welcome to expat.com!

Since when have you been living in Norway?

Do tell us a bit more about yourself1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien Hi Everyone, I have been in Norway for a while now and very happy here.

Hello Kanook,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Oh, that is nice. How long have you been living in Norway now?

Do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Norway forum to share your experiences as an expat.

We would like to hear from you.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien Hi Sir/Ma'am

I am interested to apply as a worker in your country is there any job that u can offer that suit to my experience?

Im passport holder and willing to work as soon as possible I've been working other countries for 15years

I am hard worker, responsible and honest

Yours Truly

Goite,Aileen D.

🇵🇭

Hello sharongoite45,

Welcome to expat.com!

I invite you to post your CV in the Jobs in Norway section. Potential recruiters might contact you that way.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi all! Just joined here. I'm hopeful to be an expat soon. Working on putting together the documents required to submit a fiancé visa now, but sadly I'll have to go back to the USA to apply. We wanted to get married so I could apply here but it turns out you need tax docs that take 5-6 weeks to receive and then need to submit them 4 weeks before the marriage. Trying to make the best of it in the meantime! Really hoping I can get this all submitted in the US quickly and deal with as little back and forth as possible. We'll seeeeee 1f601.svg

Hi! Newbie here... Hope everyone is well and good. I'm a Filipina who will hopefully, in God's time and when UDI finds the time to review and approve my visa and allow me to, join my fiancé in Norway.1f64f.svg

Hoping for the best in this journey and glad to see a community willing and open to help. Love the topics covered and the insightful answers that I've read here. Very useful.

Skål 1f60a.svg

Hi!

Charlotte from Singapore here.

I was in Oslo for the entire March on business trip. And my manager is very keen on sending me to Oslo for one year's assignment. So most likely I will move to Oslo from this year August and live for one year.

So nice to find this forum and see so many other expats like me!

And hope to find Norsk language partner here, too!

Regards

Charlotte

Hello clylottetiger,

Welcome to Expat.com  1f601.svg

You can start by reading the Living in Norway guide for expats in order to find all the information and useful tips you need to relocate and live in Norway.

Should you want to discuss any topic, feel free to start a new thread on the Oslo forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@clylottetiger hi Charlotte i can be your study partner sometimes also.I am currently self studying Norsk while waiting for my residence permit.

Hi all, I have accepted a position in Norway and my husband and I are working on the Visa paperwork as we speak. We are looking forward to the insights gleaned from you all in this forum.

Sarah

Am here for a business trip I'm interested as living in your country Norway i came across this Oslo forum. I am a spontaneous person, I am looking for nice people out here to meet up for spots activities, like to go hiking, walking, running,

Regards.

Mr Brian Nelson

Hello Brian Nelson,

Welcome !

Are you in Oslo ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hello,

I am Shivesh. I am an Indian citizen. I moved to Norway from Sweden in May 2023. I work as an environmental and geospatial scientist.

The following information might help others:

1. Application for a skilled residence permit submitted in Stockholm on 13th February.
  2. The residence permit was granted on March 10th.
  3. Moved to Norway on the 4th of May and visited the police on the 5th of May for biometrics.
  4. Received my residence permit card on the 23rd of May.
  5. Found a nice apartment and moved there on the 8th of June (Was living in company guest house before that).
  6. Got my Norwegian National Identity number on the 27th of June.

If anyone wants any other information or wants to meet up then let me know. :)

Best wishes,

Shivesh

Hi all,

Newbie on the Norway forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Norway if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!
-@Julien

My name is Mohammed Shameem from India

I had seen advertisement of The cross country immigration TCCI Dubai and I approached them to get a job there I get advise is their associate lawyer will appeal and fight to get work permit then proceedings with employer to offer my job

Service charges 7500dhms

Duration 4-8months

Mohammed Shameem

@Mohammed shameem Hello !

I don't quite understand your question. Are you looking to move to Norway or Dubai ?

And why are they asking you for money ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hi

I'm looking to move Norway but I don't know the correct way to find the job. Please help me to get a job in Norway

TCCI The Cross Country Immigration Dubai is a consultancy were they asking 7500dhms as a service charges for their work permit processing fee.

Their associate lawyer will appeal and fight to get the work permit then employer will call for offering interview to offer letter

@Mohammed shameem You may go through the Living in Norway guide for expats to gather as much information about job and visa.

I wouldn't recommend you send any money.

Regards

Bhavna

Hello everyone,

I'm ManilaJoy, and I've been studying here in Norway for a year now. Originally from Philippines, I'm eager to connect with fellow expats, share experiences, and learn more about life in Norway. Any tips or insights are greatly appreciated as I continue this exciting journey!

Best,

ManilaJoy

@Julien hello my name is louli sid Ahmed I am 18 years old I live in Algeria I have a plumber diploma and 3 years of experience I want to work in Norway

My email: ***

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone,

My name is Queen from Nigeria I'm 26 years old, I'm currently looking out for a job in Norway. Housekeeping, cleaner, carer, nanny, janitor ETC. (For a family or an organization) I have my first degree in English and also a certificate course in housekeeping, I'm very familiar with the above mentioned jobs.

I'm willing to commute as soon as I get an offer. Please feel free to contact me or leave me a message on Instagram ***

Thank you so much

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

Please note that members looking for a job, need to refer to the Job offers in Norway section by browsing through the existing offers and apply if they meet the requirements. They can also create their CV in the same section to put forward their skills.

You may also do your own research on how to find a job by reading the articles under the Work in Norway section of the Expat Guide.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hello,i'm Mag from DRC,i want to join Norvège to continue University

Hello gaudensmagayane8,

Welcome to Expat.com  1f601.svg

Have you selected a university yet?

What field of study are you planning to pursue?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055970

Thanks!

Closed