What bank is best for expats?

Hello, my client just bought an apartment and he wants to open a bank account in the South of France. He doesn't speak French so the bank must have an English speaking service desk. HSBC used to be the go to bank, but they are closing down. Any suggestions? Thank you! Abe

@ab7996 try Britline they are part of CA. I have found them fantastic.

Hi Abe - Note that Britline only opens accounts for, well, Brits! So if your client is American, like most of mine, that will not be possible. I usually call the local (to the client's new French home) branch of Crédit Agricole (only because they are my bank and I'm happy with them) to see if they have an English-speaking advisor. Any other high street bank would work too. Once you find one, set up an appointment, accompany to open the account, and ensure the client takes: passport, proof of address and their last tax record (W1040 for US, tax statement for UK). If you use your mobile in English, the app (at least CA's) will show quite a lot of the text in English. If using a PC, just right click to translate to English. Best of luck!