Is it possible for 46 years old man apply Aus partner visa?

Hi all,

I'm 46 years old and my partner who's Australian citizen, 50 years old. Is my age too old to apply Australian partner visa? Dose it make immigration consider my application longer than younger couple?

Thank you everyone,

Should be ok if you can provide proof of a relationship.   Get your mobile phone records where you call each other every day, your txts, your joint bank account, your bills in both names, your lease in both names, etc… age is not the issue.  You pile on the evidence and that helps it oil the system

Ah, and loads of photos when you visit every single coffee shop, restaurant and lift in wherever you live.  Photos with friends.  Compile photos in a word doc with text attached, then convert to PDF.  Have a few sheets full with them.   Sorry , but you're going to have to learn to take selfies.

Also, A few stat decs (I think it's form 888) from friends to say they know you as a couple.

Have a good think of how you met one another.   Get all the details together.   if you have photos, even better.

My partner is older than 46, and once applied for the bridging visa it came quickly.  In less than a year after that we had the partner visa.  It caught us by surprise how quick they were, so make sure you've got your stuff together.

Ah, also.  If you haven't got all that combined bank stuff, then do it NOW.  And start using the joint account for bills, phone bills, internet, gas, electricity, due, food, etc… NOW.   Yes, you're going to have to adjust your life a bit .  But hey, you've got to proof your relationship.  If a bill is already in one name, have the other person added as ‘secondary authorisation ‘.   

Ah, if by any chance you are not calling your partner every day (shame on you) then start doing it.   call her 3x / day.   It'll show on your printout of numbers you called, and is a pretty good indicator you guys are actually talking to one another. (Even it is only to ask if you need to bring milk home)

If you get your documents apostiled by the embassy, staple your sheets together.  Staple 10 sheets together, pay once.  Had 10

separate sheets, pay 10 times.  You've been warned.

for translations, use a translator that's approved, etc…

just make sure you've got all the paperwork together,  cause if they need to cause you for it, that's where the delays happen.   

Grr… if they need to chase you for it…

@Rataplan2  Can I call my partner via WhatsApp or Skype? I'm not really call my partner by phone as WhatsApp / Skype are free.

Now, everyone's circumstances are different.   In my circumstance, my partner was here in Australia, studying.  I don't know what you situation is, and that may make a difference to the info I gave you.   If you are overseas, it's going to be a bit difficult to create a joint account etc. 

Well, you better start making screen shots for every call you made via WhatsApp .  There's usually a trays stamp and a ‘name started a video call' piece of text.   and Skype.  Probably something similar, do a screen grab that shows the date, etc or something similar. I personally don't use Skype so much, I use WhatsApp for video calls. 

Grrr spelling going haywire.   ‘There's usually a time stamp ….'

@timtam5599

Now, I don't know what phone you have (I've got an iPhone), but on your call list, you can see the calls made using WhatsApp .  says name + ‘WhatsApp Audio'.  So, take screen shots of those entries, , and you may have to go into each call to get the date stamp and time, etc.  paste them into a word doc, save it. Then save it as a PDF file to compress it.  (Cause there's a file size limit you can upload)

Hi community,

I'm German retirier engineer and my partner is Australian. We like to apply partner Visa ASAP.

She has a disability try now to get the official certificate for that; it is normally that I take care to her all the time.

Q1: in such a way it's possible to use that, when I apply for the partner visa?

Q2: after how many months of partnership, it is possible to apply for the partner Visa?

Thanks in advance for feedback.