Destination wedding

Hello Sir, my partner and I would like to get married in Cape Verde. We are not interested in the Cape Verdean citizenship. We are both Cameroonian and he lives in Cameroon while I live in Canada. We need the legal document to come back and show in Canada so that he can come join me. It will be a destination wedding. What are the requirements, please? Notice period, documents required, etc?

Hello Sir, my partner and I would like to get married in Cape Verde. We are not interested in the Cape Verdean citizenship. We are both Cameroonian and he lives in Cameroon while I live in Canada. We need the legal document to come back and show in Canada so that he can come join me. It will be a destination wedding. What are the requirements, please? Notice period, documents required, etc?
-@Etondi

Hi Etondi, you'll need to contact me by private message. Your situation is complicated.

Angelo

Hello Angelo,

Kindly share any information that you have on the forum itself.

It might benefit other members as well1f609.svg

@Etondi, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!1f60a.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello Angelo,
Kindly share any information that you have on the forum itself.

It might benefit other members as well1f609.svg

@Etondi, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!1f60a.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team
-@Yoginee

Like I said, getting married in Cape Verde is quite complicated. It depends in which country each individual is born, country of current residency, and on which municipality/island they plan to get married. So there is no way to post that on the forum. It's just too much and it would only apply to a specific couple. There's no way to write a general response.

Cheers,

Angelo

Hello Angelo,

Thank you for having shed some light to it. It is much appreciated1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team