International Medical Insurance

Hi,

I am probably going to be coming down for a few short trips- 5-10 days.

Can anyone recommend which companies offer insurance of this nature.

Thank you

@kschw9883 If you buy your ticket through Expedia or similiar service they offer pretty good short term insurance with solid companies like AIG. 

You buy it from where you are. It changes by country.

I'm looking for International Health insurance, a year or more at a time, for those of us that are or plan to be traveling for extended periods of time in various countries and locations.

As opposed to coming to the DR, for example, for a year or longer and simply buying one of the available and very affordable, to me at least, local medical insurance products.

That way one could say spend a month or 3 in the DR, then Jamaica, Cuba, etc...without being tied to any country.

Any thoughts, recommendations, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My thinking is you need to buy this from your "home" country.  If this is DR than I may be able to help.  If it's another country contact a broker there

@Plantano****

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

We do not allow this type of post and personal contact information on the forums. 

@planner If you're thinking is that people can buy this from their home countries you would be mostly wrong. The countries that domicile international medical insurers are the USA, the UK, Hong Kong, 1 in Ireland, 1 in Luxembourg, maybe a few other 1 provider countries. Don't confuse international expat medical/ health insurance with travel insurance that is available from all countries. So if you are from any country other than those I just mentioned, then you're mistaken. I would say that I wouldn't buy any policy from the USA because of bad policy wording in their contracts. So that narrows things down a lot!

I wrote the only book on international medical/health insurance and have been in the business 25 years.

Alex Routh

Thanks Alex for you quick, authoritative, and comprehensive reply!

I'll send you a PM/DM or whatever private messages are called here lol

We do not allow this type of post and personal contact information on the forums.
-@planner

That's a shame as this seems to be exactly what I was specifically requesting...

It's not my rule. It's what was agreed to when you set up your account. Anyone can communicate by private message. The site doesn't allow blatant self promotion or sharing of personal contact information on a public forum.

Please be in touch privately.

Hello everyone,

Please note that promoting your own services on the forum is strictly prohibited.

You are required to register your services in the business directory or contact the member through private message if it's not unsolicited.

For more info, please contact the advertising department : https://www.expat.com/en/advertisement.html

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna How much does it cost to "advertise" here?

Hello Plantano,

The business directory is free.

Kindly fill out the form (use the link below) and one of our marketing team will get back to you as soon as possible with all the details.

For https://www.expat.com/en/advertisement.html

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Alex Routh BUPA Office in Acropolis Building, Santo Domingo

@Alex Routh are you able to get either travel or in country health insurance at age 72 for the Dominican Republic?