Which documents need attesting at the Kuwaiti Embassy London

Hi there, Could anyone please advise exactly which documents I need to take to the Kuwaiti Embassy in London to be stamped? I currently have a work/entry visa which I have received from my employer in Kuwait.

On the reverse side of the visa, it has three box areas that are for an official stamp but I am unsure if this needs to be stamped on arrival at immigration in Kuwait or do I need to hand it to the embassy in London before travelling?

I am aware that I first have to get my ACRO certificate attested by the FCO then give it to the Kuwait embassy to be stamped. I have also been advised that I do not need to give my Health medical report to the embassy or have it attested by the FCO but just take it with me to Kuwait. Does this sound right?

So to summarise
1. Do I need to show the work/entry visa to Kuwait embassy in London to be officially stamped?
2. My ACRO needs to be attested by FCO and stamped by the Embassy?
3. My (yet to be done) medical report requires nothing to be done, except to take it with me? If anyone could shed any further information on the above matters I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to expat blog.
Did you contact the Kuwait embassy in London? I am sure the visa department will you give right answers.

Documents I had attested by a solicitor, then the FCO and finally  stamped by the embassy.

Acro
Medical certificate
Degree certificates
Transcripts x2
Son's birth certificate

I was told several times that I did not need my med certificate stamped but this is not true.

Thank God I got them stamped.

Book your medical asap as sometimes there is a long wait. I went to Harley Street and paid £340.

Stamps from a solicitor cost around £40 per document.
Don't let anyone charge you more . You need each document stamped before sending your docs to the FCO.

Remember to take cash to the Kuwait embassy and go as early as you can.

I was asked for my visa at the airport. You do not need to show your visa at the embassy. Take it with you anyway just in case they ask for it .

You can get everything done in about two weeks but be quick .

Ned, can I ask you how long it took your employer to obtain your work visa to get to the stage you are at now?

Hi S0436,

It took about 2 months from the start, up to the point where I now have my visa.

Hi Sarah, thanks for your in-depth reply. I haven't contacted the embassy yet but will do it first thing Monday to ask them exactly what I need to bring with me. I am hoping that there are no misunderstandings over the telephone and that I can figure everything out.

You have mentioned that thank God you had your medical report stamped at the embassy. Was it important for you to have done and what problems might you have encountered if you hadn't had it done? I have spoken with a company that deals with getting everything done for you regarding the preparation of the documents etc and they have said that the only document that needs attesting at the FCO and the embassy is my ACRO letter/certificate and they have stipulated that the medical report definitely doesn't need doing. So I am a little confused, to say the least.

If there is anything further you can add then please feel free.
Regards,
Ned

Thank you Moo, I will of course contact them to ask for guidance.
Regards,
Ned.

Thanks for the reply. My employer applied for my work visa (after I received the vax approval from moh) on January 20th.  Still not heard anything yet. May I ask what line of work you are in? Maybe they are prioritising certain jobs.

I am driver

Hey.

If you want my honest advice, do not go through a company. Their prices are extortionate!

I was also told that my medical would not need a stamp, then I spoke with a representative at the FCDO and they informed me that it needed a stamped.

My advice to you is to find a solicitor asap to attest your documents.
(My sister is a solicitor so one of her colleagues did this for me free if charge)
Do not go through a middle man. One company wanted to charge me £247 per document!

If you are in London, send me a PM and maybe someone at my sisters firm will do it for you.

Once all Doc's are stamped, send by recorded delivery to the FCDO. (Follow instructions on their website)

Each document is £30. 

For documents such as a birth certificate or degree transcripts, the solicitor should make a copy of you to send to the FCDO.

Once your documents have been returned, go to the embassy as soon and as early as you can.

Be prepared to have to wait around for a few hours if you're not from London. (I went home for a couple of hours)

Have cash to pay (£15 per document)

Then you're good to go

Book an appointment at Harley Street asap for a medical. They will also take £100 deposit on the phone.

If you live in London, pic the documents up yourself. They charge £20 just to put them in the post. Smh.

PM me if you'd like. I moved to Kuwait in January so it's all quite fresh.

Hi Sarah,

Thanks again for your advice. Regrettably, I'm not from London but up north. I am heading down to London on 23/03/22 for my medical at the Harley Street Health Centre so it will be at least 3-5 days before I get the test results back. I am still waiting for my ACRO to arrive (been well over a week now since I applied) so hopefully, my ACRO, medical report and driver's license can all be certified and stamped by the FCO at the same time.

I spoke to a lady at the embassy this morning she told me Mon-Fri, 9am-400pm just bring original documents plus photocopies, I forgot to ask her if the photocopies required certifying by a solicitor or not. But I know for definite that my driver's license will need to be certified before sending the photocopy off to the FCO. But I guess to play it safe I might as well get them all signed by a solicitor if I have to get the driver's license done in the first instance. Just need to find a solicitor now.

I have used the FCO for apostolates before so I will just apply online for whichever docs I need certifying at £30 ago, I have checked on their site and it states that they accept all the documents I will have and I was also informed not to send the original driver's licence just a certified copy.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Ned, I'm in the UK too, and I was just wondering about the work visa time. My Kuwaiti employer applied for my work visa 9 weeks ago, but still no word.  Is that what it was like for you?