Mispelled visa name

Hi , i am new here, and looking forward to come in kuwait.. Is der anyone here know d process of correcting a visa name.. I received my visa but unfortunately my name in d visa was been spelled incorrect..how long will be corrected?is der any problem if d visa name is incorrect or spelled wrong in d immigration?pls help me

i believe your name is irrelevant (sorry, not like that :P) so long as the passport # and information is correct - creation date, expiry etc.

Oh thanks for ur reply.. Now i am wondering y dey send it back to kuwait.. As per my agency told me..what does dis mean..hmm

Dear cmdlei,

As senior(legacy) mentioned that unless ur passport number and expiry dates and all that are ok, no worries for minor spelling mistake.

This spelling mistake happens as the visa application is filled in both (English and Arabic) language, the english section they feel by seeing the spelling in passport but in Arabic, they write by there own and they write in the way the speak(accent) for example if name of any person is Pratap Pillay some Arabic may pronounce it as BAratab Billaee LOL  NOT ALL ARABIC PERSONS HAS THIS ACCENT PROBLEM  :P 

About they send your visa back: There might be some other mistake also!  :unsure

Oh so it means to say besides dat der was other problem which dey didnt inform to me.. How long will it take for them to return it back here in d phils? If u dont mind sir.. I was been informed last oct 23 dat dey made it correct and send it back to kuwait..

problem is when youre dealing with govt, there is no fixed time for documents to be processed; could take a week, could take a month, depends entirely on how the processing officer is feeling at the time.

just enjoy this time with your friends and family, dont worry about how long it takes, as you know, a watched pot never boils.

Ah i see sir.. Thank you for all ur reply..it will help me a lot.. Just being worried bec my medical cud be expire and also d said visa.. But anyway thanks jus need pray hard and think positive while waiting

exactly :D and please don't call me Sir :P

true visas now do have expiry dates - which i am sure they are aware of, so u need not worry as they will be every bit as eager to get you onboard as you are to go there.

have faith

Insha allah everything will be fine

hi,you have sent visa back to kuwait and get the name corrected from the issuer dept,u cannot travel with different name in passport and visa,but still u can ask ticket issuing agent in your country to help u ,travel agency having more information on it,
thx

Do not travel until the name is correct!!!

I had a similar problem, where my name was already present in the computer from a previous job. But I was already in the country.

They requested from me to go to my embassy producing a letter that "you are you"... or better said that the holder of the passport is the true person carrying the name in the passport.
That will trigger long faces at the counter of your embassy and, as in my case,  eye rolling of the ambassador itself.
The embassy may give you then a letter stating your passport is authentic... but this letter will not carry the phrase the Kuwaiti immigration is looking for, since they simply cannot give that legal statement.
That will set you back to square 0.
In my case the staff manager, who was by self working in the labour dept. before had a "convincing talk" with someone.
But it seemed to be just a nightmare until that moment.

that was it for me... but in your case you will stuck on the airport or just run out of time.

Oh really that scares me a lot.. But up to dis moment my visa correction still not returning back..i was just inform dat even my passport number was wrong.. Is anyone here know that how long it will take for name and passport number to be corrected.. Since dey send it back last oct 21..some of my colleagues who sent also for correction already returned..i am really upset now y mine still no news about it

This will take 3 more months to 6 months the same issue happened Wz my friend ,but if u request to Kuwait embassy in your country they might help you on this issue but usually they takes the hand IFC and don't entertain due to highy risk  and responsibility and terror issue all over

Mean while relax and enjoy ur country you will miss it in future

Absolutly correct.  In my case the same with name.  Only passport number must be right.  I had no problems.

Just inshallah don't work in kuwait

Meanwhile try and learn basic Arabic , which will make your life easier later once u here

i got a visa from kuwait based company but i found there is name spelling mistakes in kuwait visa ,My name is EHTE SHAM  but there is mention EHTEA SHAM  between E and S  A is mention wrong  and my passport no ,Date of birth is correct.Can i travel or i need to do correction before traveling .
Thanking you

Hi, I have the same problem, Do you have any problem while entering kuwait