Entry to Malaysia

Hi everyone,

I am Yamini, currently living in India. My spouse is already working in Malaysia now. I've got approval from MDEC & entry approval. Due to the travel ban I've not been able to travel to Malaysia. May I know how long will the travel ban be implemented?

Thanks & Regards
Yamini

Waiting for the same..there is no news for now or date when it will resume..

Hello Yamini, the approval you got is for Dependent Pass? If so then good, I am in the process of applying DP for my spouse so.

"This ban will also apply to travellers who are transiting in Malaysia to a third country. However, exemption will be given to Malaysian citizens," Datuk Seri Ismail said.

"Ships with a voyage history of being in India within the last 14 days are not allowed to sign off in Malaysia except for crew members who are Malaysian citizens, who would have to undergo the mandatory quarantine of 14 days upon entry," he said in a statement.

Malaysia will also temporarily bar the entry of foreign workers from India who hold valid temporary working passes.

"There will also be a temporary ban on international students and business travellers from India," said Mr Ismail.

However, he said, Malaysian students, workers, spouses and children of Malaysian citizens who are currently residing in India, as well as religious groups who were in India, are allowed entry but must undergo quarantine in gazetted stations.

"Non-citizens who are spouses of Malaysian citizens are also allowed entry with quarantine. All the bans will be effective as of April 28," he said.

India has seen a big jump of hundreds of thousands of Covid-19 cases each day, in the past few days due to the emergence of a new virus variant.

Hope this news helpful for your question... did you apply myentry pass ?

Hi, I've got the approval for Dependent pass. I've even received my visa. I am waiting for ban to lifted.

Hi Mr.Vasu, Thanks for the info.

you should wait till May 15 announcement then only know flight movement ban.

Vasu V wrote:

you should wait till May 15 announcement then only know flight movement ban.

Hope it turns out in positive way.

Pavan_Kumar wrote:

Hello Yamini, the approval you got is for Dependent Pass? If so then good, I am in the process of applying DP for my spouse so.

Hi, Pavan, I've got the approval for Dependent pass. I've even received my visa. I am just waiting for the ban to be lifted.

Hi Yamini,

After getting the Approval letter and Entry Approvals for stage 1 stamping where do we need to approach. Did you consulted any agents for that or directly went to the Malaysia consulate office. Please anyone clarify me how to apply for stage 1 stamping in india

lokesh babu wrote:

Hi Yamini,

After getting the Approval letter and Entry Approvals for stage 1 stamping where do we need to approach. Did you consulted any agents for that or directly went to the Malaysia consulate office. Please anyone clarify me how to apply for stage 1 stamping in india

Hi Lokesh,

After getting the approval letter & Entry approval we need to get visa stamping from the Malaysian consulate office which can be done through VFS global office located in major cities or it can also be done through an agent. Hope I've clarified your query.

Thanks