How can I get a teaching job in Cambodia?

How can I get a teaching job in Cambodia?

You have a degree? Do you have a tefl! If so get a CV together, not a resume, little different, also if possible a criminal records document, and wear  a nice tie and shirt , don't go into a school wearing shorts and a t shirt , look the part you should be able to find one based on your ability to speak English, if it's your first language you should be fine in cambodia

I guess you are not in Cambodia.

In order to get access to Cambodia you need to find out at the nearest Cambodian embassy what the requirements are to get a Ordinary (often called Business) visa. That visa has a 3 months validity to use it after issue date and once entered into the country it is valid for 30 days. In those 30 days you can apply for an Extension of Stay.

For the visa you need a letter from an employer or a future employer. But also a Covid test not older than 72 hours before departure, a Forte insurance and $ 2000 cash to deposit when you arrive, to cover the costs of 2 weeks quarantine and at least 2 covid tests.

To find a teaching job, if you have the TEFL certificate, search on the various facebook groups about teaching in Cambodia, or google it.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thanks Joe for the elaborate info. However, since I don't have TEFL cert, is any chance to have a teaching job?

I don't think so.

I always hear TEFL mentioned as a basic certificate for teaching.

Joe