Living & Schools & Health

I have got a job in Libya and would like some advice on the follow

Whats the health system like.

Whats are the schools like

And how safe is it over there

thanks

Hi,
I only got here on the 23rd of Feb 09, but it is safe, I have done lots of walking around day and night with no problem, people are very friendly.

When I arrived I had to have a very thorough medical so attended the 11th Street Clinic, I qued up with the locals and no one stared or pointed at the ex pat :-), my only problem was finding what room I had to go to, because all the door markings are in Arabic (as are the street signs) but some of the nurses speak english and helped me out, but the clinic was both clean and efficient, if a little old looking.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Geoff

my start date is the 1st of may i will come over to Tripoli for a few weeks and find a place to rent... cant wait to see the place.. geoff are you working over there ?

Yes for Waha Oil Company as a Corrosion Engineer, so just finding my feet really, I do have a couple of pix if you want them my direct email is [email protected] or if you have any questions, I will do my best to help out, I'm enjoying it, but of course missing my wife and dog to, but they are both joining me once I get my residents visa
Cheers
Geoff

ok i will send u a mail now ... my name is spencer