International Health Insurance

Our company provides Optimum Global Mediterranean Supreme international health insurance + dental to all of its employees (including janitors). To those who have experience with IHI, how accurate is the info provided in this table:

http://www.optimumglobal.com/downloads/ … G-0013.pdf

seems quite lavish to me? I cant help but try to find something fishy. I am looking at their policy conditions and everything sounds kosher so far. Our management plans to expand coverage to include employees' parents next January :huh:

what is the cost per employee or family? any idea? I find the problem in Libya is with acceptance of the various insurance cards by the local providers.

We are covered by BUPA International but most place do not accept it and we have to pay and claim later.

What is the general feedback from your colleagues about the acceptance etc.?

Amir

Siddiqui wrote:

I find the problem in Libya is with acceptance of the various insurance cards by the local providers.

We are covered by BUPA International but most place do not accept it and we have to pay and claim later.

What is the general feedback from your colleagues about the acceptance etc.?

Amir

Will find out the cost.

According to G.O. many of Europe's "leading" hospitals and facilities accept it, so it's not just in Libya. Libyan healthcare quality isn't encouraging. And at the rates I've seen, one doesn't even need insurance to cover any medical expenses if one was unlucky enough to put up with Libyan Hospitals and doctors.

Anyway, our switch to this plan is recent, so no feedback on acceptance yet.

Thanks MoEl,

When I was talking about acceptance (lack there of), I meant in Libya. I found that even in Canada there is no acceptance of the international healthcare insurance plans. You have to pay and then claim later. That seems to be the norm for all from what I have seen.

Amir

Im covered by Aetna - zero excess - including maternity - worldwide treatment excluding USA - Company pays only USD 2143 per year. "Executive" heathcare cover normally require you to pay and claim afterwards. They dont even need to see the card, sometime you can fill your policy number yourself.

Just make sure you carry the form and get your attending physician to sign & stamp it up for you and they normally reimburse within a month.

Thanks for the info Tea.

Bupa= Sam mirza : )
he sold policies here without being registered at tax office, so most
were revoked.
I would suggest Aetna GoodHealth ( American Express Group )