How does it feel to be locked down once again?

Hello everyone!

I hope you're well.

How does it feel to be locked down once again in your expat country?

How are you coping with work, family and the absence of social life?

What about your children's schooling?

Feel free to share your feelings with us by replying on this thread.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Veedushi
Expat.com Team

I cannot speak for myself as I am no longer living in France, but one of my sons who moved to Biarritz a couple of months ago is finding it extremely boring. The rule that forbids you to go anywhere that is more than 1 km away means that he can no longer go surfing or hiking in the hills which unfortunately is one of the main reasons for moving down there from Paris. The lockdown which is for one month apparently could be extended to two or three months.

How does it feel to be locked down once again in your expat country?

Well, personally, on one hand it's disappointing, because i am a professional musician, and all my concerts (which were just re-started after the 1st lockdown) were again canceled. On the other hand i could have more time doing stuff at home, and other renovation project that is on going at my studio.

How are you coping with work, family and the absence of social life?

I am still working in the house, there are plenty works to do. I still work with other musician online.
I am in contact with my families in Indonesia and other countries in Europe. My husband is still working abroad despite the re-lockdown. I still can meet 2 or 3 friends around the house, because we can go out for an hour per day for fresh air, but we can't do group hang out.

What about your children's schooling?

My daughter is going to school normally, i drive her every morning and pick up every afternoon, of course with an official letter from the school so i can show it to the police if they control me. So there is no problem on this matter.

Also I am taking part on a charity movement to distribute homemade food to the homeless we see on the streets in my city and the suburbs, it makes me very happy to see their smile every time they receive the meals. In this difficult situation, i want to do something to help this poor people, while i still can.

Stay safe & healthy  :heart: