Greetings all! Newish to Beijing

Hi friends,

I am new to the website. I am heading to Beijing in five days and figured I should start some sort of introductions to expats out there.  This will be my second time to China and second time to Beijing.  The first trip I spent the majority of my time in Shanghai and three days in Beijing last summer.  I will be spending about a week in the following cities: Chengde, Xian, Tianjin, Qingdao, Nanjing, Shanghai, and Fuzhou.  Most of my time/home base will be Beijing. 

So, if your around (Beijing or one of those cities) and more importantly interested in sharing visits to local watering-holes, respond/PM.

Cheers,

Jean

Welcome to Expat.com Jean !

JeanMichelle,

You are thrice welcome,...once to Expat.com, once to Beijing and once to join us on our daytrip on Sat 23 July.

Also if networking with fellow expats and English speaking Chinese in some of the best hotels bars in town at very affordable prices fits your description of "watering holes" then please contact me. These are not Expat-Blog exclusive events but are open to any and all Expat-Blog users with no need to pay a membership fee, just the entrance fee.

Oh and JeanMichelle, do not bring that hat with you!!

It is a culture thing. A green hat basically means a cuckold... especially if given to you by your wife / gf.

Thank you Julien and Manlin for the warm welcome.  And, if everything remains the same, I would be happy to join your day trip, Manlin. I will certainly be in contact with you on meeting place/time.

Haha, and thank you for the word of the wise, Manlin. I learned that lesson last summer - through my male friends who brought similar green hats.