TGIF!

TGIF! Seriously :)

Its technically my first Friday in Beijing... any suggestion on where to go? Nothing in particular in mind... just want to cool down after an eventful first week - could be wine, beer or hard...

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Thanks!

Hello Coffee_Addict_Joy.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Thanks Aurelie! :-) happy Friday!

LOL ... Why "technically" first Friday? 

Have you been in Beijing before on a Friday but they were technically not valid as Fridays?

ANyway Friday has come and gonce but a new one will be here very fast.

What sort of things in which part of town?

Hi Manlin!

Lol first time in Beijing, I put it as technically coz I arrived Friday before that - but was to tired to experience Beijing's Friday Night :)

Im still staying in a temporary accommodation in Jianguomenwei Area... would like to meet people can be for quick drinks coffee or beer is fine :)

Thanks!

i have a friend in Beijing, maybe you guys can hang out together

@ Coffee_Addict_Joy, does it have to be on Fridays?

Do Tuesdays work for you?

@Life_is_great - Yes... Would be nice to meet your friend.
@Manlin - Tuesday sounds great as well :-)

Tomorrow is Tuesday.

I will be at the JW Marriot's Loong Bar with a bunch of friends.

I will pm you the details.

It is a few minutes walk from the Da Wang Lu Subway station.

oh gush, has everyone survived during last Saturday's monster storm?

All safe and sound thanks.

I had to evacuate my car from the underground parking lot but apart from that we were as snug as a bug in a rug.

That storm reminded me the devastated scenario in Brisbane 2011.

I tried to setup beer clock in my office, but my chinese colleagues just pissed me off. Any chance to catch up with you guys for beer, or wine? I am pretty close to GuoMao

Cheers, mate
B

@ parra2bj

Tonight's the night. (Tuesday 24 July) 

We will be at the Loong Bar (JW Marriott) from 7:30pm.

Arrive, ask for me and I will make sure that you will get the discount entry price 90RMB instead of 130RMB (includes a free drink) and Happy Hour prices until 10:00pm.

Feel free to tell your friends.

Manlin wrote:

@ parra2bj

Tonight's the night. (Tuesday 24 July) 

We will be at the Loong Bar (JW Marriott) from 7:30pm.

Arrive, ask for me and I will make sure that you will get the discount entry price 90RMB instead of 130RMB (includes a free drink) and Happy Hour prices until 10:00pm.

Feel free to tell your friends.

You are awesome! mate. So i just need to mention your name "Manlin" to the bar staff, and i can get the discount?

Ta

Not at the bar itself but at the door there will be a couple of cashiers who will give you a complimentary drink voucher and an ID Tag.

And yes just say Manlin or Manlin from Expat-Blog website.

Cool, see u guys 2night