Where can I watch American Football?

Long story short...

I am American, my wife is Chinese, she is living in Beijing while we wait for the wheels of government to turn, and our immigration case to process...

So far this year I have spent 6 weeks in China.. my wife and I traveled to Xi'an, Hufei, HuangShan, Yellow Mountain TianJin, Hangu etc.. All of my travels in China have been when American Football is in off season :rolleyes: I am returning to China to spend January with my wife, which coincides with the Football play-offs.

I will be in Beijing, Chaoyang from Jan 4th to Jan 28th and would like to know if any of you know a place where I can watch American Football games?

BTW our flat is in Chaoyang....I am thinking there might be a place in Sanlitun?

TIA

There are quite a few bars / sports bars that non-stop broadcast the various sports channels.

Chaoyang is a huge area so not sure which is the closed to you but try/call some of these and ask what they are broadcasting.

The below list has been extracted from TheBeijinger's directory.

All Star Sports Bar and Grill    American Bars and Clubs Sports Bar Late Night Dining Barbecue and Teppanyaki Breakfast and Brunch Burgers and Hotdogs    Solana and Lucky Street-蓝色港湾幸福街   

Cafe del Mar    Bars and Clubs Sports Bar Cigar Bars wi-fi    Lido-丽都   

Danger Doyle's    Pizza Bars and Clubs Sports Bar Pubs Rooftop Bars, Courtyards and Terraces Beer and Microbreweries Pub Grub and Bar Food Pool and Snooker    Sanlitun-三里屯   

G Bar    Bars and Clubs Sports Bar Rooftop Bars, Courtyards and Terraces       

Goose 'n' Duck Pub    Pubs Pub Grub and Bar Food Pool and Snooker wi-fi American Bars and Clubs Sports Bar    Chaoyang Park-朝阳公园   

Herrenhauser    Bars and Clubs Sports Bar Lounges    Houhai / Yandai Xiejie / Di'anmen-后海烟袋斜街地安门   

Hooters    Burgers and Hotdogs Pub Grub and Bar Food wi-fi American Bars and Clubs Sports Bar    Sanlitun-三里屯   

Johnny Duck's    Bars and Clubs Sports Bar    Lido-丽都   

Luga's Basement    Rooftop Bars, Courtyards and Terraces Late Night Dining Burgers and Hotdogs Pub Grub and Bar Food wi-fi American Bars and Clubs Sports Bar    Sanlitun-三里屯   

O'le Football    Football Bars and Clubs Sports Bar    Shuangjing / Dongsihuan-双井东四环   

Paddy O'Shea's    Bars and Clubs Sports Bar Pubs Beer and Microbreweries wi-fi Quiz Nights    Dongzhimenwai-东直门外   

Park Side Bar and Grill    European Contemporary Cuisine Bars and Clubs Sports Bar Rooftop Bars, Courtyards and Terraces Pub Grub and Bar Food Outdoor Dining    Lido-丽都   

Pavillion    European Bars and Clubs Sports Bar Breakfast and Brunch Pool and Snooker Outdoor Dining    East Chunxiu Lu / Gongti Xilu-东春秀路工体西路   

Schiller's    German Sports Bar Beer and Microbreweries Pub Grub and Bar Food    Sanlitun-三里屯   

The Den    Sports Bar Late Night Dining Breakfast and Brunch European Pizza Bars and Clubs    Sanlitun-三里屯

I forgot that there was a Hooters in Sanlitun...Perhaps I blocked that from my memory, the last place I would ever want to be seen while Stateside is a Hooters....

But when overseas... options change..

:lol: But we have been told that that Hooters is the height of American Culture?  Have we been misinformed?:lol:

Is it not part of the traditional Nacirema rites of passage? Each  Nacirema male child has to spend a few hours at Hooters without blushing and/or without making gestures with his hands to describe the "Flattery Operated Girls"

I haven't figured out the address  protocol.. but

our apartment is in Wanjing, Xiyuan 4 qu,  Chaoyang..

I was wandering around Lima, Peru a few years ago and found a Hooters.. I was upset that these dumps had spread to other continents..

Manlin wrote:

:lol: But we have been told that that Hooters is the height of American Culture?  Have we been misinformed?:lol:

Is it not part of the traditional Nacirema rites of passage? Each  Nacirema male child has to spend a few hours at Hooters without blushing and/or without making gestures with his hands to describe the "Flattery Operated Girls"

Maybe Hooters is like a pub for the Brits except Hooters have women serving you and the Brits have old men. JW

zentrickster wrote:

Long story short...

I am American, my wife is Chinese, she is living in Beijing while we wait for the wheels of government to turn, and our immigration case to process...

So far this year I have spent 6 weeks in China.. my wife and I traveled to Xi'an, Hufei, HuangShan, Yellow Mountain TianJin, Hangu etc.. All of my travels in China have been when American Football is in off season :rolleyes: I am returning to China to spend January with my wife, which coincides with the Football play-offs.

I will be in Beijing, Chaoyang from Jan 4th to Jan 28th and would like to know if any of you know a place where I can watch American Football games?

BTW our flat is in Chaoyang....I am thinking there might be a place in Sanlitun?

TIA

Internet here is relatively decent for streaming. There are few websites with acceptable video quality for most sport events, including American Football.

GL

In Wanjing then try the ones in the Lido area Franks might be a good one for you.

JWilliamson wrote:
Manlin wrote:

Maybe Hooters is like a pub for the Brits except Hooters have women serving you and the Brits have old men. JW

LOL - You obviously have been in the wrong pubs.

In the same vein as this:

Are there places that will be open for the live games this coming Sunday?  I'm in town for just a few days, but my team (Eagles) is in the playoffs.  Only problem: a 4:30PM EST game is a 5:30AM in Beijing. 

If the bars are closed, I'll just wake up early to stream it from my hostel's wifi. 

Cheers!

-Jim