21 May - Day trip to Chuandixia

Daytrip to Chuandixia 爨底下村

You said: “I want a chance to relax.”
You said: “I want to enjoy quiet and peaceful surroundings”
You said: “I want to do this with friends old and new.”
You said: “I enjoy tasting local cuisines and delicacies.”

So stop saying and start doing and join us on Sat 21 May for a trip to Chuandixia. (aka Cuandixia)

Date: Sat, 21 May 2011
Time: 08:30
Meeting Point: Outside the Hilton Beijing (Liangma Qiao).
Cost: 300RMB.
Price Includes: Transportation, Lunch, English-speaking guides, Entrance fees and Insurance.
Not included: Personal Expenditure.

Recommended: Hat, Comfortable Shoes, Sunblock, Bag / Belt to carry water, Camera and Smile. ..... Especially the smile...:) !

Cuandixia is a 500 year-old Ming Dynasty traditional village in the West of Beijing that has been preserved to this day. The exquisite old courtyards and traditional lifestyle are intact and are of special interest for both expats and bandi ren. The architectural shapes of the village buildings are peculiar in that they resemble the shape of gold ingots and dumplings. For those that like Trivia Chuandixia was the location of the film Warlords that starred Jet Li and Andy Lau!

The day includes a climb (walk) up the surrounding hills to enjoy a view of the village layout; Conversations with local farmers; Walks along meandering paths bordering the fields and, of course, a sublime authentic home-made lunch made with fresh vegetables and local stews.

Advance registration is essential since space is limited.
Registration for this event is only accepted by email to [email protected] and is only valid if it includes a contact mobile phone number.

For insurance purposes:

Foreign nationals please provide your mobile phone number, your full name as it appears on your passport, your nationality and passport number.

Chinese nationals please provide your mobile phone number, your name in Chinese Hanzi as it appears on your ID card and your ID Card number.

I look forward to seeing you and anticipate having a great day in the peace and quiet of rural Beijing.

Please do remember to register as soon as possible to ensure that there is room for you. Registrations are not accepted after 12:00hrs (noon) on Friday 20 May. This is to allow us enough time to process the insurance. Please note cancellation received after Thursday 19 May 10:am will not be accepted.

Please do feel free to tell your friends.
Minimum needed 10 people.
Maximum number 40 people.

http://api.ning.com/files/eX6Fm76HpjVBaTFt91oHgldUeHvFHk1hA*xX7pu3TpMqayRaH-rBm5pUZMp*MYoMnuSGrGVXlVn5VSJkIm6CJI8fmdx6f4D4/bottombanner.jpg?width=721

Can I take my dogs?

Never mind, this is tomorrow. Can't make it.

Thanks for the invitation.

Sorry no dogs

Thanks for your invitation....but I think now its to late for a reservation!
Maybe next time!

Ingo.

good idea but it is tomorrow.. a bit too late

Yeah , now it's too late but has been posted since 15 May and mooted for longer.

Tomorrow we should be about 15 people.

We still have one or two places left in the bus so if anybody wants to get up early and turn up at the Hilton Beijing in the hope that there is still room they are welcome.

It will be on first to arrive basis and you will not be covered by the group insurance,

Any questions call me after 7;30am tomorrow morning 139 1109 8002

meeting outside the Hilton Beijing - thats the Hilton on the East 3rd Ring Road. Nearest subway Liangma Qiao.

Look for the guy with the hat as per by photo

We had a great day yesterday.

Next trip tentatively planned for Saturday 18 June and potentially to JiMingYi and a Winery.

Cool...sounds really great! I'll mark it in my calendar!

I just saw this.

Hopfully next time I can join you.

Thank you.

thanks for invite, i have it too late, please send me some photo if there is. thanks.

Thanks for organizing this, I'll definitely try to make it to the next one!