Expat Blog Daytrip - Fragrant Village to Little West Lake

This listing is soley for informational purposes.

Registration is only by email.

Countryside Walk from Fragrant Village to Little West Lake.

Date: Sat, 23 July 2011

Time: 08:00

Meeting Point: Outside the Hilton Beijing

Cost: 300RMB

Price Includes: Transportation, Lunch, English-speaking guides, Entrance fees and Insurance.

Not included: Personal Expenditure

Recommended: Hat, Sunblock, Bag / Belt to carry water, camera and smile.

Escape from the hustle and bustle of downtown Beijing and venture into the unbelievable Beijing countryside. This walk traces a riverside path, from a tiny 12 family village (about 60 people), with the aid of stepping stones, past the relics of tourist free "forgotten" parts of the Great Wall, which are now partly submerged. Suddenly the view changes from the wild quietness, to a magnificent lake – Little West Lake and a feeling of rediscovering 'civillization'.

This fun walk is off the tourist map and is suitable for both foreigners and even the most local of local Chinese, I last did this trip in July 2009 and really enjoyed it. It combines a mixture of clambering over rocks, splashing through pools and stopping for rests in the shade of some beautiful trips and a DIY brunch picnic (in addition to a late lunch). NB. You will get your feet wet!

This trip is not suitable for pregnant ladies but if my "sit in front of a computer all day" physical shape is okay for this trip then so is yours.

Registration for this event is only accepted by email [email protected] and is only vaid if it includes a contact mobile phone number.

For insurance pusposes:

Foreign nationals please provide your mobile phone number, your full name as it appears on your passport, your nationality and passport number.

Chinese nationals please provide your mobile phone number, your name in Chinese Hanzi as it appears on your ID card and your ID Card number.

We look forward to seeing you and anticipate having another great day in the peace and quiet of rural Beijing.

Please do remember to register as soon as possible to ensure that there is room for you. Registrations are not accepted after 12:00hrs (noon) on Friday 22 July. This is to allow us enough time to process the insurance. Please note cancellation received after Thursday 21 July 10:00 will not be accepted and will be invoiced fro the full amount.

Please do feel free to tell your friends both about Expat-Blog and the trip.

Minimum needed 10 people.

Places are limited.

Hope you can join us

Hi Manlin,
I've been reading your posts about the get togethers and they look great.  I'm not moving to BJ until September.  Are these just a summer thing are will you continue to organize things through the fall and winter?
Thanks!

Skydiving girl hi, I am not too fond of the cold and very much doubt if I will organise daytrips during the colder months. If there is still interest will orgranise Aug, Sept, Oct.

November - March may well be too cold for a sloth like me.

However, might be able to come with some sort of indoor weekend activity.

Is this anything to do with Frangrant Hills?

Nope - it is nowhere near Fragrant Hills.

In Chinese Fragrant Village is 香屯村(Xiang Tun Cun) and Little West Lake is 小西湖(Xiao Xi Hu).

We are talking about the submerged area of the Great Wall.

So how did it go last weekend?  Did you all have fun? Any pictures?
Samantha

Really wish I were in Beijing to join in this outing. I wish we could have something like that here in Malaysia

Valeria hi

yes, I am planning something for 27 August.