The lessons of the crisis in Morocco

Hello everyone,

While there is still a certain amount of uncertainty in our lives, the situation seems to be beginning to change in Morocco and globally.
We have had to show courage, tenacity and even ingenuity in many areas, in the way we work, in being alone or with our families, in how we look after our children, or we channel our stress and emotions in the face of this health crisis that has turned our daily lives upside down.
We wanted to hear your feedback on these last few months in Morocco.

What will you remember from this very special period?

Have these unusual times allowed you discover things about yourselves or your loved ones?

Did this period lead you to make changes in your lifestyle that you would like to maintain in the future? If so, which ones?

How do you plan for the future in Morocco? Have the last few weeks caused you to review your priorities or certain projects?

Thank you for your contribution and take care of yourself,

Loïc

Hi Dear Loic.
Good question.
in this difficult times..the future here and elsewhere is not too sure.
All..we though " normal " .or " regular "..or " sure " is ending.
We have to take care of the ones we love & going on with faith and think about a better future for all.
The problem is worldwide but the ones ( as I do ) living in morocco usually love the Kingdom and a part of our personal destiny are worried indeed about the future of friends and neighbours around who are not so lucky sometimes and proud to see how day by day..they interact well and do their best with the hugest dignity.
Sometimes..with a crisis ...human being becomes weak for a while and .after the strength to fight and to resist come back.
If we have learn something?
Maybe..
NOTHING IS SURE and " nothing permanent " in this small world..
In fact..if I have one and only one single thing to remain..is that we are all included in a VERY " Small World  " where all is interactive and in fact..where all are totally depending on each other...
Maybe something to remember.
Solidarity and Unity should be NOW the k words.
Faithfully,Olli.

Hello Loic -

I've been in lockdown in El-Jadida since March.  It's certainly challenging at times especially with the restrictions in movement, e.g., not being able to go for a walk at the beach.  Overall, I commend the Moroccan Government for continuing to keep the country under lockdown until the RO factor gets under 1.  They are using a Scientific and data driven approach in confronting this pandemic.  I can't always say the same for my home country of the United States. 

One thing this pandemic has taught all of us is that human life is fragile.  The world was so busy in our daily lives that we forget one virus can bring everything to a halt.  It's certainly been a time to reflect on what matters most to each of us, people we love and care for, and to making this world a sustainable place to inhabit for all of us. 

I look forward to the day things get back to some sort of normalcy.  Even though we will now have a new normal of having to look over our shoulders when someone coughs.   

Sincerely,

--H. Shaikh

We must not let a virus control our behaviour and change our way of life.  The king of Morocco is a good man and has acted well in the virus crisis.  But he knows that the economy must function otherwise many problems will arise. Morocco needs tourism as many Moroccan citizens subsist on revenue from foreigners.  Not only does revenue come in the form of overt transactions but there is the black market. Many tourists tip hospitality workers
Many tourists treat Moroccans to meals and drinks and have formed bonds with Moroccan families.  So there is quite a dependency on the tourist for pecuniary aid
No country can let a virus ruin the economy and our way of life. Mental health is at risk and too much is at stake if we surrender to the virus.
Of course the virus must be taken serious but a proactive intelligent approach of test track n trace and containment will succeed
God bless the King and let's resume normality end of August.