Motor vehicle insurance

I read an article that talked about people buying motor vehicle insurance because of a police crackdown, and I wondered if anyone here buys it for their bikes.  I didn't actually know that this was required, although it makes sense that it is.

Been buying it for 12 years, keeps the cops off your back. It's not worth the paper it's written on,but cops will ask for it if they pull you over.

The police in HCMC in particular can pull over people without cause to check the ownership, driver's licence and insurance of the driver. I got the impression that the insurance check was if you have a passenger but that should be verified.

The fine for not having all three is almost 2m dong. I don't know if there are other consequences like proving you have that stuff by some later date or having your motorbike taken away.

If you don't have insurance for your bike, if you don't have DL, or if your bike is not in your name, don't come to VT at the moment.  A huge crackdown has been going on every day this week with police pull EVERYBODY over.  In the paid parking lots and the flagpole at Back Beach, police are waiting for the bike owners to return for their bikes.

I was watching for about an hour and in my estimate, about 70% - 80% of tourists (bikes with plates that are not 72) were without proper documents.

That's probably good advice for HCMC too. i don't personally know because I am avoiding it and the Q1A highway at this time. Just very short local trips for me. In case I have to walk home.

The article I read said it was a concerted effort from May 15 to June 14 so it will be going on for a while.  Insurance for motorbike is only 60,000VND for a year.  Like Colinoscapee said, it isn't worth anything but the fine for a motorbike without insurance is 200,000 so buying it for three years is still cheaper than getting stopped without.  You can buy at at most of the shops that you pass by that sell helmets.

I have a less-than-50cc bike, so I don't need a driver's license, but I was unaware of the insurance requirement until I read the article on the crackdown.  My friend who helped me buy the bike never mentioned it.    I guess I have to find out where to buy insurance in Binh Thanh district and also carry the registration.

paulmsn wrote:

I guess I have to find out where to buy insurance in Binh Thanh district and also carry the registration.

Just go to any shop that sells the crappy helmets that everyone wears.

https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society/202 … 54636.html

SteinNebraska wrote:

https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society/20200519/citizens-rush-to-buy-motor-vehicle-insurance-in-saigon-amid-intensified-road-inspection/54636.html

Notice that the article says that motorists are buying "certificates of motor vehicle insurance," not that they are buying actual insurance.  Can't find my old post due to the site's weak search function but my wife told me that those roadside sellers are not selling insurance at all, only a phony certificate.  I wonder if they are sharing a percent of their windfall profits with the police.

colinoscapee wrote:

Been buying it for 12 years, keeps the cops off your back. It's not worth the paper it's written on,but cops will ask for it if they pull you over.

Just say, I am out & about on my GF scooter & get stopped, show my Vietnamese Driving License, show Blue ownership card in her name & show Insurance in her name is that OK??

goodolboy wrote:

Just say, I am out & about on my GF scooter & get stopped, show my Vietnamese Driving License, show Blue ownership card in her name & show Insurance in her name is that OK??

I would say so.  If they question, just say you borrow her bike.

Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

I would say so.  If they question, just say you borrow her bike.

Remember to take the key out of the ignition, its one of their favourite ploys to fleece you.

Tried a few petrol stations to buy insurance. Some didn't have. One had run-out. Told me to come back.

Next day I went to the main Post office (bưu điện) and bought it. 65,000 Vietnamese dong and valid for one year. Need to present blue card.

The owner of hire shop that sold me the motorcycle said insurance is issued on owner's name, and sure enough, the yellow slip of paper issued by post office had owner's name.

I asked post office counter staff if I'm covered and they said yes.

sanooku wrote:

Tried a few petrol stations to buy insurance. Some didn't have. One had run-out. Told me to come back.

Next day I went to the main Post office (bưu điện) and bought it. 65,000 Vietnamese dong and valid for one year. Need to present blue card.

The owner of hire shop that sold me the motorcycle said insurance is issued on owner's name, and sure enough, the yellow slip of paper issued by post office had owner's name.

Its not worth the paper its written on, it's more about the police having something to gain a bribe.

colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:

Its not worth the paper its written on, it's more about the police having something to gain a bribe.

How about if you are involved in a motor traffic accident involving a pedestrian or another vehicle.

If you don't have this worthless piece of paper, you are simply asking for trouble because you'd have less leverage as you're riding illegally by default.

sanooku wrote:

From what I was told about the bike insurance its the bike thats insured & noted on the insurance ticket not the owner that is also noted on it & even although it seems its not worth the paper its written on its still best to have it if you get stopped & my one costs 66k vnd so not like its gonna break the bank & a lot cheaper than the average coffee money if you do get stopped.

On my last run over the mountain rout to Da Lat via Gai Nghai & from Da Lat back to HCMC I was stopped twice by police. Once in a speed trap & it was a fair cop & I paid the coffee money. But they did check all my docs incl insurance ticket & they were all in order & the police were happy.
On the way back I was stopped in a routine check (not speeding) right out in the sticks beside Dong Kho on the QL 55 & again they checked all my docs & again all in order & hey ho no coffee money requested.

Just as a matter of interest I rode MB here for at least 11+ years, no driving license & no insurance ticket but it was an article on here about 10 months agoabout police clamp downs on bike docs & driving without a license that made me go get them & lucky I did for that run or I might have been screwed for even more coffee money or worse. Also I found out that all them years without a legal Vietnamese driving license & docs my private medical insurance was void if I had an accident.

sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:

How about if you are involved in a motor traffic accident involving a pedestrian or another vehicle.

If you don't have this worthless piece of paper, you are simply asking for trouble because you'd have less leverage as you're riding illegally by default.

Not saying you shouldnt have it, I have for the last 13 years. My point is, when it comes time for the insurer to pay up.....good luck. My wife deals with insurers all the time in her job, they find any excuse not to pay.

colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Not saying you shouldnt have it, I have for the last 13 years. My point is, when it comes time for the insurer to pay up.....good luck. My wife deals with insurers all the time in her job, they find any excuse not to pay.

The point that you've only told us now.

Are you telling me that if you are involved in an accident with a pedestrian (causing serious injury to pedestrian), and all your documents are in order, and you haven't committed an offence. E.g drink driving, Insurer will find any excuse not to pay?

Can you tell me some of these 'excuses'? I'm all ears.

sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:

Are you telling me that if you are involved in an accident with a pedestrian (causing serious injury to pedestrian), and all your documents are in order, and you haven't committed an offence. E.g drink driving, Insurer will find any excuse not to pay?

Worthless piece of paper would have told you something if you had read when I wrote clearly.

This is from an article on one of the media platforms.

"Phung Ngoc Khanh, head of the insurance administration department, said that the complicated paperwork creates difficulties in claiming compensation, resulting in the low claims ratio.

Moreover, the compensation value does not match the rising costs of medical and repair services, he said."

colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Worthless piece of paper would have told you something if you had read when I wrote clearly.

"Phung Ngoc Khanh, head of the insurance administration department, said that the complicated paperwork creates difficulties in claiming compensation, resulting in the low claims ratio.

Moreover, the compensation value does not match the rising costs of medical and repair services, he said."

You usually put a link to your sources with a description of your own. For this one you decided to leave it at 'one of the media platforms'.

I think you need to understand how third party insurance works.

The low claims ratio described in that article doesn't apply to accidents where a pedestrian is seriously injured or died for example. Then your insurance would need to pay for the pedestrain or their family. Or are you gonna simply say, 'oh!, I'm now aware how this all works or the paperwork is too complicated' and just pay the seriously injured pedestrain (or his/her family) for life?

The article is not specific about the types of claims. they are talking about 'buyers not benefiting from their insurance policies'.

I would have thought that a policy with a proper insurer, would cover the eventuality I describe? I'm not talking about claiming for a broken light on my motorbike when a drunk pedestrian suddenly jumped out in front of me.

sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:

You usually put a link to your sources with a description of your own. For this one you decided to leave it at 'one of the media platforms'.

The low claims ratio described in that article doesn't apply to accidents where a pedestrian is seriously injured or died for example. Then your insurance would need to pay for the pedestrain or their family. Or are you gonna simply say, 'oh!, I'm now aware how this all works or the paperwork is too complicated' and just pay the seriously injured pedestrain (or his/her family) for life?

The article is not specific about the types of claims. they are talking about 'buyers not benefiting from their insurance policies'.

I would have thought that a policy with a proper insurer, would cover the eventuality I describe? I'm not talking about claiming for a broken light on my motorbike when a drunk pedestrian crossed in front of me.

I picked a section of the article that was relevant and easy for you to understand.

If you really think that 60K vnd insurance is going to be your saving grace in an accident, good for you.

Maybe you should head back over to your power cuts in VT rants.

colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

I would have thought that a policy with a proper insurer, would cover the eventuality I describe? I'm not talking about claiming for a broken light on my motorbike when a drunk pedestrian crossed in front of me.

I picked a section of the article that was relevant and easy for you to understand.

If you really think that 60K vnd insurance is going to be your saving grace in an accident, good for you.

Let's focus on this one. The documents and the details.

was yours 60k or 65k?..can you post a pic of your certificate (with your details redacted)? We know it was 65k on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.

Do you even know how much third party cover your 60/65k policy provides? Rather than just say:

Good on you mate. Remember, focus.

Here is the relevant section from link provided by my insurer:

https://luatvietnam.vn/tin-phap-luat/ba … ticle.html

Mua bảo hiểm xe máy, chủ xe nhận được quyền lợi gì?
Theo Điều 14 Nghị định 03, nguyên tắc bồi thường của bảo hiểm xe máy bắt buộc đó là:

1. Khi tai nạn xảy ra, trong phạm vi mức trách nhiệm bảo hiểm, doanh nghiệp bảo hiểm phải bồi thường cho người được bảo hiểm số tiền mà người được bảo hiểm đã bồi thường hoặc sẽ phải bồi thường cho người bị thiệt hại.

Trường hợp người được bảo hiểm chết, mất năng lực hành vi dân sự theo quyết định của Tòa án, doanh nghiệp bảo hiểm bồi thường trực tiếp cho người bị thiệt hại hoặc người thừa kế của người bị thiệt hại (trong trường hợp người bị thiệt hại đã chết) hoặc đại diện của người bị thiệt hại (trong trường hợp người bị thiệt hại mất năng lực hành vi dân sự theo quyết định của Tòa án hoặc chưa đủ sáu tuổi).
Mức bồi thường cụ thể cho từng loại thương tật, thiệt hại về người được xác định theo Bảng quy định trả tiền bồi thường thiệt hại về người theo quy định tại Phụ lục 1 ban hành kèm theo Nghị định 03/2021/NĐ-CP hoặc theo theo thoả thuận (nếu có) giữa người được bảo hiểm và người bị thiệt hại hoặc người thừa kế hoặc đại diện của người bị thiệt hại, nhưng không vượt quá mức bồi thường quy định tại Phụ lục I.

Trường hợp có quyết định của Tòa án thì căn cứ vào quyết định của Tòa án nhưng không vượt quá mức bồi thường quy định tại Phụ lục I.
Trường hợp nhiều xe cơ giới gây tai nạn dẫn đến thiệt hại về sức khỏe, tính mạng, mức bồi thường được xác định theo mức độ lỗi của người được bảo hiểm nhưng tổng mức bồi thường không vượt quá mức trách nhiệm bảo hiểm.

Đối với vụ tai nạn được cơ quan có thẩm quyền xác định nguyên nhân do lỗi hoàn toàn của bên thứ ba, thì mức bồi thường bảo hiểm về sức khỏe, tính mạng đối với các đối tượng thuộc bên thứ ba bằng 50% mức bồi thường quy định tại Phụ lục I hoặc theo thoả thuận nhưng không vượt quá 50% mức bồi thường quy định tại Phụ lục I.
Từ 01/3/2021, mức trách nhiệm bảo hiểm đối với thiệt hại về người do xe cơ giới gây ra là 150 triệu đồng/01 người/01 vụ tai nạn (theo Thông tư 04).

Mức trách nhiệm bảo hiểm đối với thiệt hại về tài sản/01 vụ tai nạn được xác định theo thiệt hại thực tế và theo mức độ lỗi của người được bảo hiểm...
Còn với bảo hiểm xe máy tự nguyện, chủ xe nhận được quyền lợi gì cũng phụ thuộc vào nội dung hợp đồng, thỏa thuận giữa bên bán bảo hiểm và bên mua bảo hiểm. Người mua có thể lựa chọn bảo hiểm cho chủ xe hoặc bảo hiểm cho chính chiếc xe... Trong khi đó, bảo hiểm xe máy bắt buộc chỉ chi trả cho bên thứ 03 bị thiệt hại (không phải chủ xe).

Google translate:

'What are the benefits of buying motorbike insurance?
According to Article 14 of Decree 03, the compensation principle of compulsory motorcycle insurance is:

1. When an accident occurs, to the extent of the insurance liability, the insurance enterprise must compensate the assured for the amount that the assured has compensated or will have to compensate for the aggrieved person.

In case the insured dies or loses civil act capacity under a court decision, the insurer shall pay compensation directly to the aggrieved person or the aggrieved heir (in case the victim is dead damage) or victim's representative (in case the aggrieved person loses his civil act capacity as decided by the Court or under six years old).
The specific level of compensation for each type of injury or human damage is determined according to the Table of regulations on payment of compensation for human damage as prescribed in Appendix 1 issued together with Decree 03/2021 / ND-CP. or by agreement (if any) between the assured and the aggrieved person or the heir or the representative of the aggrieved person, but not exceeding the amount of indemnity specified in Annex I.

In case there is a court's decision, the Court's decision shall not exceed the compensation level specified in Appendix I.
Where many motor vehicles cause an accident resulting in damage to health and life, the level of indemnity is determined according to the degree of fault of the insured, but the total indemnity does not exceed the level of insurance liability.

For the accident whose cause is determined entirely by the third party, the health and life insurance indemnity for the third party is equal to 50% of the compensation rate for the accident whose cause is determined entirely by the third party. usually specified in Annex I or by agreement but not exceeding 50% of the compensation level specified in Annex I.
From March 1, 2021, the insurance liability for human damage caused by motor vehicles is VND 150 million / person / accident (according to Circular 04).

The level of insurance liability for property damage / accident is determined according to the actual damage and the degree of fault of the insured ...
As for voluntary motor insurance, what benefit owners receive depends on the content of the contract and agreement between the insurance seller and the insurance buyer. Buyers can choose to insure the car owner or insure the car itself ... Meanwhile, compulsory motorcycle insurance only covers the third party that is damaged (not the car owner).'

Not worth the piece of paper but bought it himself for the past 13 years.

sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:

was yours 60k or 65k?..can you post a pic of your certificate (with your details redacted)? We know it was 65k on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.

Do you even know how much third party cover your 60/65k policy provides? Rather than just say:

Im sure this guy in the link is more aware of hows things work in Viet Nam. Scroll down to the part about the insurance.

Bike insurance

colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Im sure this guy in the link is more aware of hows things work in Viet Nam. Scroll down to the part about the insurance.

[url=[link under review]see]Bike insurance[/url]

Page not found. Sure we can become 'aware' really good.

Correct link: https://www.tigitmotorbikes.com/motorbike-blue-card/

Not: [link under review]

Still waiting for those 'excuses' btw.

My insurance certificate says it will pay 10 million per person (per accident?). It probably won't be a 'saving grace' where someone is injured seriously, but it's something. If 5 people are injured, that's 50 million. 65k for that is a bargain. Also, I don't need to cough up tea money for 'routine' stops.

Mate, its obvious that you just like to hear the sound of your own voice.

colinoscapee wrote:
sanooku wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Bike insurance

My insurance certificate says it will pay 10 million per person (per accident?)....

It appears the 10 million limit per person/per case is for the rider and passenger of my motorcycle.

The third party cover amount is different.

Here is what my insurance document yellow part says (google translate in brackets):

mục TNDS ĐỐI VỚI NGƯỜI THỨ 3 (Section TNDS FOR THIRD PERSONS)

về người: 150 triệu đồng/1 người/1 vụ  (about people: 150 million / 1 person / 1 case)

về tài sản - 50 triệu đồng/1 vụ           ( on property/ 1 case)

Cyan colour part (google translate in brackets) -

bảo hiểm tự nguyện (voluntary insurance)
bảo hiểm tai nạn người trên xe (Personal accident insurance on the vehicle)

số tiền bảo hiểm:  10 triệu đồng/1 người/1 vụ    (insurance money: VND 10 million / person / case)

số chỗ ngồi: 2 chỗ     (number of seats: 2 seats)

phí bảo hiểm: 19,000 đồng   (insurance fees: 19,000 đồng)

The website, name, and contact details of my insurer is:

https://www.pti.com.vn/bao-hiem-xe-may-tu-nguyen.html#

Tổng Công ty Cổ phần Bảo hiểm Bưu Điện - PTI
Tầng 8 - toà nhà số 4A Láng Hạ - Ba Đình - Hà Nội
Tel: 8424-37724466 | Fax: 8424-37724460/61
Email: [email protected]

They also have a facebook page.

I've not yet made a claim with them and my wife doesn't deal with Insurers all the time, so cannot comment on if they will pay out in the event of a claim. However, I'm pretty sure that the piece of paper I purchased (even for the mere 65k VND) is not only for keeping the beige mafia off my back.

Also, I really doubt that John the motorbike hire shop guy's very own website deals with all eventualities of insurance claims. he may well have resorted to dealing with accidents without going through insurer due to the minor nature of the accident, complexity of completing paperwork, making a claim affecting no claims disocount etc. 

even John the motorbike hire shop guy's very own website tells us '..you aren't likely to be able to...' , leaving the possibility. Unless someone can post a case(s) from a reliable media platform that an insurance company refused to pay out after a serious injury to third party, finding any excuse not to pay out. I will continue to believe that my insurance will cover that eventuality.

sanooku wrote:

Theo Điều 14 Nghị định 03, nguyên tắc bồi thường của bảo hiểm xe máy bắt buộc đó là:

1. Khi tai nạn xảy ra, trong phạm vi mức trách nhiệm bảo hiểm, doanh nghiệp bảo hiểm phải bồi thường cho người được bảo hiểm số tiền mà người được bảo hiểm đã bồi thường hoặc sẽ phải bồi thường cho người bị thiệt hại.

Trường hợp người được bảo hiểm chết, mất năng lực hành vi dân sự theo quyết định của Tòa án, doanh nghiệp bảo hiểm bồi thường trực tiếp cho người bị thiệt hại hoặc người thừa kế của người bị thiệt hại (trong trường hợp người bị thiệt hại đã chết) hoặc đại diện của người bị thiệt hại (trong trường hợp người bị thiệt hại mất năng lực hành vi dân sự theo quyết định của Tòa án hoặc chưa đủ sáu tuổi).
Mức bồi thường cụ thể cho từng loại thương tật, thiệt hại về người được xác định theo Bảng quy định trả tiền bồi thường thiệt hại về người theo quy định tại Phụ lục 1 ban hành kèm theo Nghị định 03/2021/NĐ-CP hoặc theo theo thoả thuận (nếu có) giữa người được bảo hiểm và người bị thiệt hại hoặc người thừa kế hoặc đại diện của người bị thiệt hại, nhưng không vượt quá mức bồi thường quy định tại Phụ lục I.

Trường hợp có quyết định của Tòa án thì căn cứ vào quyết định của Tòa án nhưng không vượt quá mức bồi thường quy định tại Phụ lục I.
Trường hợp nhiều xe cơ giới gây tai nạn dẫn đến thiệt hại về sức khỏe, tính mạng, mức bồi thường được xác định theo mức độ lỗi của người được bảo hiểm nhưng tổng mức bồi thường không vượt quá mức trách nhiệm bảo hiểm.

Đối với vụ tai nạn được cơ quan có thẩm quyền xác định nguyên nhân do lỗi hoàn toàn của bên thứ ba, thì mức bồi thường bảo hiểm về sức khỏe, tính mạng đối với các đối tượng thuộc bên thứ ba bằng 50% mức bồi thường quy định tại Phụ lục I hoặc theo thoả thuận nhưng không vượt quá 50% mức bồi thường quy định tại Phụ lục I.
Từ 01/3/2021, mức trách nhiệm bảo hiểm đối với thiệt hại về người do xe cơ giới gây ra là 150 triệu đồng/01 người/01 vụ tai nạn (theo Thông tư 04).

Mức trách nhiệm bảo hiểm đối với thiệt hại về tài sản/01 vụ tai nạn được xác định theo thiệt hại thực tế và theo mức độ lỗi của người được bảo hiểm...
Còn với bảo hiểm xe máy tự nguyện, chủ xe nhận được quyền lợi gì cũng phụ thuộc vào nội dung hợp đồng, thỏa thuận giữa bên bán bảo hiểm và bên mua bảo hiểm. Người mua có thể lựa chọn bảo hiểm cho chủ xe hoặc bảo hiểm cho chính chiếc xe... Trong khi đó, bảo hiểm xe máy bắt buộc chỉ chi trả cho bên thứ 03 bị thiệt hại (không phải chủ xe).

Google translate:

According to Article 14 of Decree 03, the compensation principle of compulsory motorcycle insurance is:

1. When an accident occurs, to the extent of the insurance liability, the insurance enterprise must compensate the assured for the amount that the assured has compensated or will have to compensate for the aggrieved person.

In case the insured dies or loses civil act capacity under a court decision, the insurer shall pay compensation directly to the aggrieved person or the aggrieved heir (in case the victim is dead damage) or victim's representative (in case the aggrieved person loses his civil act capacity as decided by the Court or under six years old).
The specific level of compensation for each type of injury or human damage is determined according to the Table of regulations on payment of compensation for human damage as prescribed in Appendix 1 issued together with Decree 03/2021 / ND-CP. or by agreement (if any) between the assured and the aggrieved person or the heir or the representative of the aggrieved person, but not exceeding the amount of indemnity specified in Annex I.

In case there is a court's decision, the Court's decision shall not exceed the compensation level specified in Appendix I.
Where many motor vehicles cause an accident resulting in damage to health and life, the level of indemnity is determined according to the degree of fault of the insured, but the total indemnity does not exceed the level of insurance liability.

For the accident whose cause is determined entirely by the third party, the health and life insurance indemnity for the third party is equal to 50% of the compensation rate for the accident whose cause is determined entirely by the third party. usually specified in Annex I or by agreement but not exceeding 50% of the compensation level specified in Annex I.
From March 1, 2021, the insurance liability for human damage caused by motor vehicles is VND 150 million / person / accident (according to Circular 04).

The level of insurance liability for property damage / accident is determined according to the actual damage and the degree of fault of the insured ...
As for voluntary motor insurance, what benefit owners receive depends on the content of the contract and agreement between the insurance seller and the insurance buyer. Buyers can choose to insure the car owner or insure the car itself ... Meanwhile, compulsory motorcycle insurance only covers the third party that is damaged (not the car owner).'

At least one person has posted on the forum that dealing with a Vietnamese insurance company can be a "nightmare"

"Not worth the piece of paper but bought it himself for the past 13 years."

Geez, do you actually think before writing?

:dumbom:

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
sanooku wrote:

Google translate:

At least one person has posted on the forum that dealing with a Vietnamese insurance company can be a "nightmare"

In post:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 64#5074833
(I've checked the link - it's correct)

That person said:

Nightmare with BaoViet health insurance claim.

Any school age children reading this, I can't emphasize enough how key reading and comprehension is.

You will see here that the reader has inferred a specific insurer to mean all Vietnamese insurance companies.

If anyone feels the 65k vnd is not worth the paper it's written on, do some research and buy a policy that is.

Of course, it will cost more. For health insurance, i heard through the grapevine that liberty insurance is good. I believe it's a Vietnamese insurance company. Of course, policy costs double that of Baoviet, but it covers more. Don't know what liberty is like for motorcycle insurance, but they do offer a product called MotoCare that seems to offer more coverage than the 65k policy (they also have the basic policy for 66k, mind). Of course, MotoCare cost 320k per year (follow link below and download brochure - it's in vietnamese though):

https://www.libertyinsurance.com.vn/en/ … -insurance

Btw, they do have a webpage in english on how to claim for third party cover:

https://www.libertyinsurance.com.vn/en/ … -insurance

Just spoken to liberty (1800 599998). Customer service is much better (not amazingly, but sufficiently). At least when you phone them you get the option of english or Vietnamese. I chose former and Cs agent actually understood me. When you phone baoviet (1900 558899), there is not even an option to select English.

When it comes to insurance, not all policies are the same, not all companies are the same. If you think or believe they are, you are comparing apples and oranges.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

sanooku wrote:

In post:

That person (sanooku) said:

"Nightmare with BaoViet health insurance claim."

Any school age children reading this, I can't emphasize enough how key reading and comprehension is.

You will see here that the reader has inferred a specific insurer to mean all Vietnamese insurance companies.

Yes, reading and comprehension is especially important for those who value communication in context more than confrontation.

"a Vietnamese insurance company" (in context) does not infer all Vietnamese insurance companies, but rather--because I quoted a post by you, it implies ironically that you have previously gone out of your way to post about "a" bad experience with "a" Vietnamese insurance company.

I was sure you would reply with a detailed clarification, and I'm glad you didn't disappoint me or the casual reader.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

sanooku wrote:

In post:

Yes, reading and comprehension is especially important for those who value communication in context more than confrontation.

"a Vietnamese insurance company" (in context) does not infer all Vietnamese insurance companies, but rather--because I quoted a post by you, it implies ironically that you have previously gone out of your way to post about "a" bad experience with "a" Vietnamese insurance company.

I was sure you would reply with a detailed clarification, and I'm glad you didn't disappoint me or the casual reader.

Detailed clarification not necessary. Where have I said (implicitly or explicitly) that it was a bad experience because it was a Vietnamese insurance company?

sanooku wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

sanooku wrote:

In post:

Detailed clarification not necessary. Where have I said (implicitly or explicitly) that it was a bad experience because it was a Vietnamese insurance company?

You inferred as much, within the context of that thread.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
sanooku wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Nightmare,torrid time and stonewalling, used by you know who, are not words you would use when praising an insurer,lol.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
sanooku wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

You mean implied. Not inferred.

When I write I imply. When you see or read you infer.

If I implied that how come I've said:

...I should have gone direct, or better still gone with another provider.

Not:

I should have gone with a non-vietnamese provider.

sanooku wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
sanooku wrote:

Not:

Definition of "infer"

See: 3 b

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
sanooku wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Not:

Definition of "infer"

Hahaha, the guy just keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
sanooku wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Not:

Definition of "infer"

On your link, scroll down to 'Infer vs. Imply: Usage Guide'

.  .The actual usage condemned was a spoken one never used in logical discourse. At present the condemned "suggest, hint" sense is found in print chiefly in letters to the editor and other informal prose, not in serious intellectual writing. The controversy over the "suggest, hint" sense has apparently reduced the frequency with which the "indicate" sense of infer is used.

It does say '...The actual usage condemned was a spoken one never used in logical discourse...'

Makes sense really.