Cost of Living

Hello Freinds,

I have just got offer from a company based in muscat..The offered package is 1550 OMR (All Inclusive)per month... My status is Single..I want to know about the cost of Living in Muscat for following things :-

1 BHK Flat - Fully Furnished
Food
Electricity/Telephone/Water Charges
Internet
Others, if any.

Looking forward to early responses from all the members who have some idea about above mentioned things...also please tell me whether package given above is good and whether i would be able to save money out of it.

Thanks in advance..

Hi and welcome on board abhi_abhi!

I hope other members will advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi abhi_abhi,

You are welcome here in Oman and in this Best Blog, i think you got very good offer and also enough  for living in Muscat but the expat they can inform you more about the cost of living it is not that much higher but it is good

Wish you all the best...
Ammar

Thanks Armand and amoor for your response..

Can anybody help me out by giving breakup of cost of living...

Normally for one bed room it is 200 to 250 rials and for double 300 to 350 rials.
But it all depends on your luck, you can get good houses which cheaper rates than stated above.
Any way Good luck

Greetings abhi_abhi,

With the figure that you've quoted, you will be able to lead a very comfortable life plus save some good money too.

Answering to your specific queries :

1 BHK Flat - Fully Furnished - < 400 per month.
Food - < 100 per month
Electricity - < 15 per month
Telephone - As much or as little as you want
Water Charges - < 15 per month
Internet - < 20 rials a month
Others - Specifiy what this means ? Again, it is entirely up to you.

Trust the above information is of some help.

Best wishes,

Sumitran

Thanks Anooj and Sumitran...

What is the cost of living in Oman?

Please provide a detailed overview.

What is the expenses for food per person per month?(breakfast, lunch and dinner)