Ministry of Health job

Hi everybody,

I'm doctor from India currently living in Gurgaon.
I'm having a job offer from MOH oman with a monthly package of 2200 OMR plus food accomodation with family visa.
  I'll be moving with my wife & 5 yrs kid.
  Can anyone please suggest how's the offer?
  What is the cost of living including school fees for 1st std?
  How r the MOH hospitals? Is there any omanisation in healthcare sector?
  Are there any CBSE board Indian schools ?

Regards
Mandar77

Welcome in Oman
Congratulations on the new job

I think your offer is very good. And live in Oman good and not expensive. And also there are many Indian schools in Oman.
I think you will be happy in Oman

Regards,
Amur

Hello Mandar77.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to go through the other threads on Cost of living on the Muscat forum. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Dear Dr Mandar

The offer is attractive although it depends on your experience etc.

Welcome to Muscat. Life is cool here and you will enjoy

Best wishes
pl let us know when you join Muscat
Have great time
Raj

Hello Mandar,

I just wanted to tell you that OMR 2200 plus food and accomodation is an excellent offer. There are scores of people living here in much much less. With no expenses for food and accomodation, you should be able to save at least 75% of it. Of course, you'll have to compare with how much you are earning in India.

There are many Indian schools here with CBSE syllabus like Indian School Muscat, Indian School Ghubra, Indian School Darsait, Indian School Wadi Kabir etc. Just do a search for Indian Schools in Muscat and they will all come up. I think now they also have a common registration site. Might be a good idea to e-mail them and register before coming because they generally have a waiting list. I don't know about fees for Std. I, but a friend pays OMR 35/month for her daughter in Std. V.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about MOH or the Omanisation there.

Good Luck,
Rachana

Good offer but try for 3000 OMR ...life is very costly in oman and take everything on writing english & Arabic both before moving from india
All The best
Rest all fine
If you need more detail keep posting your quarry on this forum
WR
Vik

Hi Mandar,

The details given by rachena are very true... She seems to be a veteran  out here.

MOH is quiet good in their offers normally and you should take the plunge.

salim

Dear Doctor
Good Morning
I Think its good offer . i am in oman from 3 years in Salalah
but i have lots friends in Muscat also.
cost of living is normal. there is only costly accomodation but company giving then no problem.
scholl fee normal.
MOH Hospital nice only less job timing.
yes CBSE Board in indian school

all over is nice offer and without think more u have accecpt and try to join and welcome to oman.
when u reach u can try contact me.my id- [email protected]

Thanks

I'm having a job offer from MOH oman with a monthly package of 2200 OMR plus food accomodation with family visa.

Thanks Everybody,

All your opinions are very helpful and I'll try to meet in person once I reach there.

hi everybody i m in pakistan nd wanto to give mohexam for muscat .m a doctor with 3 years experience.i want to give moh online.is there any online approach nd wat about moh exam details .how one  can pass it.

@madiha iqbal > please start new topic on Muscat forum. Thanks.

mandar77 wrote:

Hi everybody,

Regards
Mandar77

Hello Dr Mandar
I am a doctor in India currently with the same offer. I was wondering did you join in the end? how are you finding things to be there in Oman. I hope you see this post and reply, so that |I get an idea of things.
Regards Dr Arindom

Hi,
    Can any body give some idea as I have been selected by MOH interview at Mumbai last NOV'14. Still now VISA & ticket information not come to the agency F.Gheewala. Are they authentic? What is the scope as Pathologist in MOH hospital?
Is vacancy creation in MOH hospital takes so much time.

roys15 wrote:

Hi,
    Can any body give some idea as I have been selected by MOH interview at Mumbai last NOV'14. Still now VISA & ticket information not come to the agency F.Gheewala. Are they authentic? What is the scope as Pathologist in MOH hospital?
Is vacancy creation in MOH hospital takes so much time.

Hi Roys
I missed that interview.. My agency people (Merit Jobs, Bangalore) had skipped my name in the interview list by mistake & forgot to inform me the interview date.... so unprofessional of them.
Anyways, have you got your MBBS & MD degrees attested by the university & HRD dept (State level)? That's the first step. Then you have get them attested by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in New Delhi followed by Oman Embassy attestation. Only then you will be given visa. Air tickets are mostly booked by your agency guys.
Now, have you completed the first step? PM me your contact no. to get in touch on whatsapp. Mind you, this thread is 2 year old!!
Thanks.

hi mandar..which branch of medical faculty u from?

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : please avoid duplicate posting on the forum

yes
that offer very good
you direct join
all things will be manage here
here CBSC BOARD there

mmkoman18 wrote:

yes
that offer very good
you direct join
all things will be manage here
here CBSC BOARD there

Hi mmkoman18,

Who are you responding to here ?

For the sake of the forum users, please be clear with your posts.