Moving to OMAN:: how is Khimji Ramdas? What salary package to ask?

Hi,

I am considering a job offer from Khimji Ramdas Group, Oman. I will be entitled as Sales and Marketing Executive and would be responsible for delivering sales volume, distribution and merchandising, shelving and pricing of products, also aid trade customers in resale of their brand. The salary package offered is 8470 Omani Rial per annum. I am currently pursuing my MBA from a top 40 ranked b-school in India which could place me in an average salary of 7-7.5 LPA in India. Should I consider the job offer or not?

Hi dpm1992,

If you are starting your career here, you have to seriously think twice before deciding.

This is not the most ideal place to begin one's career, as opportunities to learn are very limited.

Gaining some valuable hands-on experience is critical to succeed in any career.

This market does not offer that opportunity, like some of the more developed markets.

Don't just look at money.

Hi
Being a medico, I don't know the ABC's of sales/marketing. But generally, the salary package considered 'good' in Oman is 3 times the remuneration you get in India... I am talking about Indians & the salaries 'in general'.
No doubt, Khimji Ramdas is a reputed company in Oman. But you never know whats the state of affairs when it comes to your career growth opportunities. May be you should try to contact /speak to the current or past employees of the company.