Salary Concern - is 500 OMR enough Salary to expect?

Dear Sir,
Could you please tell me that 500 OMR is enough salary to expect, after having a 6 yrs. of experience in Pharma sector.
Bachelor accommodation plus lunch is company provided.
Please reply me , anxiously waiting for your reply.

Hi nik1234,

I think with accommodation and lunch provided, it is not a bad salary for a bachelor with 6 years of past work experience.

Without accommodation and lunch it would not be a good package to consider.

Dear sir,
Thank you for your reply,
I am a married person,having one daughter.
currently i am getting 38 K in India and by this month, after increment i will b getting somewhere around 45 K.
I will not b getting any leave for two years.after that every year a month's leave.
In 500 Omr, how much will I be able to save, could you give me some idea.
Will you suggest me to go for this offer?
please reply.

Hi nik1234,

It's a tricky question you are posing here.

How much really are you willing to compromise is something only you can say. With your family away and not to be able to spend time with them would be hard. First two years sure would be difficult. After that also it is going to be a month's visit once a year. And you cannot bring your family to stay with you here as your salary is not meeting the required minimum criteria. Also, in terms of money it is not really excellent.

But, like I said earlier, with accommodation and one meal provided for your expenses would be limited. Approximately, I would say that you should be able to easily save upwards of 50% of your monthly income, if you live carefully.

Suggest you read through the discussion in the forum about the cost of living for you to get a good picture of what it all looks like.

Good luck.

Hello

@nik1234 : You may also read others threads in our forum section : Cost of living in Muscat to help yourself make an idea about the deal you received.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Dear All,
Can you tell approximate rent for a 2BHK in GHALA/ Azaiba/Al khuwair area?

Or What will be the average travelling time to Ghala from Amrat hills or from  Bawshar?

Please reply.