Hi!

Hello Everyone,
     I posted the other day, obviously it was in the wrong place. I'm Lisa . I'll be arriving in Ba this Thursday morning to study at Universidad de Belgrano.( I received two Study Abroad scholarships)I'm very excited. I started a new chapter in my life last fall by starting college. I'm a little nervous about school because although everyone tells me I don't look like I'm in my early forties, I am. with that being said i guess I'm just hoping I'm not the only one in my classes that is over thirty.lol I love meeting new people and hope to meet locals as well as expatriates. any advice or suggestions would be so appreciated.
    I love Spanish music(actually all kinds of music) but I also love my rock n roll and country music. Does anyone know of a pub.bar where such music is played????
  I can't wait to get there.
Lisa:D

Hi Lisa

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you find lots of new contacts on the site very soon.

All the best,
Christine

Hey there Lisa,

I've been here for a week and here till the end of the month for intensive Spanish (Intermediate). I normally live in NYC but from TX so finding some Garth or Kenny Chesney would be essential, haha. Not sure where the best spots are yet but looking to find some of them. Especially for 4th of July would be great to get a group together.

-Albo

LisaAnn, there are a variety of ways to meet people here.  There are conversations groups, there are expatriate organizations hosting events.... if you have some particular interests it might help to narrow down your options.