Australia Day 2013 in Buenos Aires

Hi all!

I know it is still 3 weeks away, however do any Australians in Buenos Aires have plans for the 26th Jan (26th is a Saturday this year)?
Or is there a fixed plan / location that has worked for Aussies in the past.
It'd be unreal to see the T20 vs Sri Lank live on the Friday night (This may be extremely wishful thinking however, based on the Argies knowledge, coverage and general lack of enthusiasm for cricket over here. 5:30 am kick off too - yuk!) and do a few cans with like minded people, maybe a triple J hottest 100 live stream. Whatever.
I'd be happy just to get together with a couple of people for a few hours and celebrate everything that is great about the country that has given us so much.

Ideas?

Hi page8383!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Heya theres a group of us fellow Aussies were all students and were all looking for somewhere to watch the hottest one hundred and party like true Aussies.

Hey, hello everyone.
Can fellow Argentineans be part of this? It would be awesome.

Salut!

It's a bit last minute but we're trying to pull something together at Breoghan Brew Bar in San Telmo on friday night, complete with hottest 100 streaming. Will post more details here soon for any Aussies out there who are at a loose end this Australia Day

saffycat wrote:

It's a bit last minute but we're trying to pull something together at Breoghan Brew Bar in San Telmo on friday night, complete with hottest 100 streaming. Will post more details here soon for any Aussies out there who are at a loose end this Australia Day

Unreal. I have spoken to a few people who are on the lookout for a get together.

I will keep my eyes pealed (peeled?) and pass on info

[b]It's all set!

Celebrate Australia Day in Buenos Aires at Breoghan Bar this Saturday 26th January 2013!

Happy Hour until 11pm for anyone bearing Australian-themed paraphernalia. Bring on the thongs, stubby shorts, wobble boards, weird dangly cork hats, and best of all.... the Triple J Hottest 100 (just a few hours late).

Doors open 6pm.
Address: Bolivar 860, San Telmo

Spread the good word!

Thanks Saf.

Sounds like fun. Will be there with bells on.

Ring-a-ding-ding.

Is there no Vegemite, Snags, & Beers in the Park then this year during the day then???

Marmite, Sausages and Lager you could have had blu