Boiler Prices

I have an apartment in central Budapest that is rented out.

The boiler/heater will soon need to be replaced as it is quite old.

Can anyone recommend brands, prices and quality fitters in the Budapest area?

As I live abroad I need it done by someone I can trust, I would rather spend a little
more money and have the job done correctly.

I have been quoted price by my management company and I need more information so that I can compare.

Thanks.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I also need to replace the boiler, can you recommend any reliable gas engineer in Budapest?

Thanks
Michelle

Miki7423 wrote:

Hi Steve,

I also need to replace the boiler, can you recommend any reliable gas engineer in Budapest?

Thanks
Michelle

4 years ago, we had a new gas boiler installed for hot water and for central heating.  The installation of the system in the house was done by a heating company.  It was sized for a 4 bedroom house.

However, the final connection to the gas system itself had to be done by the gas company itself or a person authorised by the gas company and it needs an approved plan drawn by a gas planner!   The name and type of the boiler is directly written in the plan and you cannot do anything without the plan. 
We also had to have our wall strengthened to hold the new boiler as it has a 50 litre water tank in it and is seriously heavy.

It all needed rubber stamps and papers etc.   Out of all of the utilities, the gas company was the most difficult to deal with and the slowest.   I cannot say I was impressed with their "help". 

The actual boiler cost about 450K HUF and was bought by us mail order online.

Your best bet is to contact the actual gas company and ask for a list of their locally authorised companies/people.

We changed out our boiler about 8 years ago. The old one was fine but to large and my husband didn't want to heat up so much water.
The family of 4 needed more hot water then we do as just 2 in the flat.
We had 3 strong neighbors help my husband put it up.
It took less then 30 mins.
One guy was an assistant for a plumber so we had him hook up the electric part.
The thing is my husband could of done that as well because every year he takes the wiring apart to shut it all down and drain the tank out.
Have to clean up the insides because of the heavy mineral that collect inside. We bought a new thermostate last time and a few inside parts, super cheap, maybe less then $20.
Usually a good scrapping of deposits once a year is enough, you can tell the difference right away with lower bills and hotter water.
Can't really rec anyone as we do it ourselves.
Do need to find a gas man soon, before winter .Want to change out the gasline pipe near our stove before we need the heat on.Don't want a leak in the line with the heater on in the next room at night.
Will post if we find someone good.