In Cebu, BI Suggestions

Hi,

In Cebu, due to inlaws hospitalization. I usually go to Tacloban BI, where there is no waiting, but when I went to the Mandaue BI, it was a zoo, full inside, with 50 waiting to go inside.  Is there a time of the day or day of the week that is best?

Or, would it be better to go to LapuLapu BI office there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've never gone to the office in Lapu Lapu but, I've heard from others that it's a breeze. Just takes a while to get there and back due to traffic so I just go to the one in Mandaue.
Mandaue isn't bad if you get in the early in the morning. I'm always out within an hour or so when going first thing in the AM.

Maybe try Lapu2. I was in the Cebu BI at J Square Mall last Wednesday and it was a complete zoo. Apparently they are doing a system upgrade or something and are processing things manually. Also lots of group visa renewals going on for some reason. I presume employers but not might also be English schools or something. 

It took almost 3 hours for my visa extension. Granted, I got there at 9:30, would have been better at 8am, but that was ridiculous. In Feb I'll just go somewhere for a break then re-enter the country, lol.

We were there the same day.  I will try getting there earlier or just go to Lapu2.

Hello moonunit0103
Mandaue BI is not too bad if you go early, mid week seems the best. Have only been to BI Lapu-Lapu once and was small but reasonably quick. If you go to Lapu-Lapu, message me and we might catch up for a coffee.
regards  Bruce

I go to the Lapu-Lapu BI and I'm in and out within 15-20 minutes each time.

Thanks for that. One other question: I don't have any long pants here. Will that be a problem?  Almost impossible to find something that fits in the stores.

I have some in Ormoc, but my MIL wound up having emergency surgery instead of having routine medical tests.  We only packed for 4 days, and today is day 13.

You'll be fine. Long pants are recommended but quite a few guys show up in shorts. If anyone says anything just explain, but it won't be an issue.

No suggestion in particular. it's no big deal. Haven't been to the one in Lapu-lapu city but I stopped going to the one in Cebu City entirely because of how long it took. I started going to Dumaguete after that. I'd go as early as possible to get there when it opens. In Cebu City traffic that usually means 6:30 or 7:00 AM. It takes a long time for the Bureau of Immigration in Cebu City. The one at J. Centre Mall. It's super busy. I would suggest wear pants, shoes,  etc. Although I've gone in shorts and slippers before too and it's never been a problem. As long as you don't look like a transient (dirty, unkempt).

It usually takes a few hours but you can go in, pay your fee, give them your passport and go back to your hotel or wherever and come back in the afternoon or the next day for what it's worth.

Note: to get an Exit Clearance Certificate whenever you leave, which you will need if you've been in the Philippines for more 6 months, you will need to aquire it in Cebu City or Manila. Those are the only two places that issue them. You can't get them at satellite offices in Tacloban or Dumaguete or something like that. Other than that just try to enjoy the city and make sure to save your receipts and paperwork because they aren't giving visa stickers anymore.

I got an Exit Clearance at Tacloban BI back in August when I got my LSSV.  I have read Dumaguete does not offer an EC, but have heard that you cannot get an LSSV in many BI offices, but they said I could get it there in Tacloban.

Hello all.
I have always worn shorts to BI in the J Centre, but with a proper shirt, not a tee-shirt. I got my last ( over 12 months ago )  Exit Clearance there as well. Good luck all.
regards  Bruce

Went to BI Lapu2, wore shirt with collar, in and out 20 minutes, no line.

I extended another 6 months, ₱7640.00 total. First time LSSVE was ₱13,900, since I had to get ACR-I card.

From Fuente Osmeña Circle, Lapu2 was only 2 km further than J Mall Mandaue, but worth not having to endure the lines.

Vannder wrote:

No suggestion in particular. it's no big deal. Haven't been to the one in Lapu-lapu city but I stopped going to the one in Cebu City entirely because of how long it took. I started going to Dumaguete after that. I'd go as early as possible to get there when it opens. In Cebu City traffic that usually means 6:30 or 7:00 AM. It takes a long time for the Bureau of Immigration in Cebu City. The one at J. Centre Mall. It's super busy. I would suggest wear pants, shoes,  etc. Although I've gone in shorts and slippers before too and it's never been a problem. As long as you don't look like a transient (dirty, unkempt).

It usually takes a few hours but you can go in, pay your fee, give them your passport and go back to your hotel or wherever and come back in the afternoon or the next day for what it's worth.

Note: to get an Exit Clearance Certificate whenever you leave, which you will need if you've been in the Philippines for more 6 months, you will need to acquire it in Cebu City or Manila. Those are the only two places that issue them. You can't get them at satellite offices in Tacloban or Dumaguete or something like that. Other than that just try to enjoy the city and make sure to save your receipts and paperwork because they aren't giving visa stickers anymore.

I used to get exit clearance in Batangas City BI, then I found out I could get them at Manila Airport terminal 3 after clearing checkpoints and just before boarding. That was in 2015 so don't know if that works nowadays. PS I was on a 13a visa back then.

That I did not know. When I tried to get an ECC in the Dumaguete office they told me I could only get it in Cebu City or Manila. Which was in 2019.

June 16, 2020 9:00am

Does anyone have any update on the BI conditions at J Center Mall Mandaue

When I was there back in February, it was a Zoo. Go to the BI over in LapuLapu across the bridge. I was in and out in a half hour.

Not sure what is up since then, though....

Not sure. Cebu City is back under ECQ as of yesterday, because the coronavirus cases are still increasing, but J Square Mall is actually in Mandaue, whch is apparently gone to GCQ. So it is probably open but I can't confirm that and am not there to call.

Hello Bill Mc
I was in J-Mall BI yesterday (17th), did not take very long. Note:- the BI in Lapu-Lapu does NOT issue exit clearances, you have to go to J-Mall.
Hope this helps.
regards  Bruce

With ECQ back for Cebu, would it not be difficult to get to other BI locations?

Yes it would.