Renting

I was wondering what the general prices of apartments for rent are accross the different major cities. Do landlords rent to single expats, and are utilities generally included?
Is it common for families to offer room for rent to expats?

I'm interested in nothing to fancy, a single bedroom or bachelor for about the equivalent of $500 Canadian. I am located in Canada now, but am looking to relocate in the future, and want to get an idea of monthly fees I have to look forward to.

here you go, one by one

I was wondering what the general prices of apartments for rent are accross the different major cities? I'm interested in nothing to fancy, a single bedroom or bachelor for about the equivalent of $500 Canadian.

renting fees vary for million reasons (location, finishing, bla bla bla), for small apartments prices vary from 1000EGP to 5000EGP.

Do landlords rent to single expats, and are utilities generally included?
yes they do rent to singles no problem, utilities is not always included but i believe it can be negotiable. on average water bills are from 100-200EGP, electricity is from 150-400EGP per month, phone bill is minimum of 100EGP without making any phone calls :).

Is it common for families to offer room for rent to expats?
not a common thing, but i've seen some ads.

M_Omar wrote:

on average water bills are from 100-200EGP

even in Hurghada a year back (when we had to buy water from a water truck) each 1 m3 was LE 15-20, and that was/is expensive for Egypt! Now we are connected to the main water pipe and the price is something like LE3!! And I think in Cairo it is cheaper!! She is asking for a apartment/room for one person, so this amount is way to high!

M_Omar wrote:

phone bill is minimum of 100EGP without making any phone calls

?????
For a landline the subscription is something like LE 60 for 3months (approx, depending on the extra's)

for a mobile phone you pay on average LE20 for the SIMcard, then you can buy from LE10 scratch cards. Price for a call per minute is LE0.20! You don't have to have a subscription. Internet use (for 3MB) is LE1.

Electricity: really depending on your usage, we (family of 4) use in the winter something like LE80 each month.

dear geely
u are absolutely right
and i dont know why mr m_omar say that things!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
i think he is talking about another Egypt lol :lol::lol::lol:

I think M _ Omar wants to rent u his apatrment  :D

"For a landline the subscription is something like LE 60 for 3months (approx, depending on the extra's)"

I just paid ours for three months. it was around 95le total.

the monthly fee was 12le for the account per month (36 total).

local phone calls were another (40le total) for three months

fee for being allowed to pay the bill was 4le per month (12 total)

some taxes that amounted to just over 6le

we live in a villa and our water bill for the entire year is under 350le total. we are six people with a garden thirty assorted fruit trees, a dog and two cars we wash. our average water bill is under 30le per month.

mero928 wrote:

I think M _ Omar wants to rent u his apatrment  :D

LOL~ it's a bad joke. come on, maybe he just gome some wrong info. hehe