Canadian new to Hanoi

Hello my name is Lauren. I will be living in Hanoi with my boyfriend soon (arriving in a few days). He has lived there before and has a good Vietnamese network. I on the other hand have never been before and would like to meet other western expats to network and make friends with to help with this big change!

Where are the young (20's) expat hang outs and such?

Cheers

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hi you!

Im Van anh, Im 24 years old. Im language student. Im very glad to make friend with you, Im so kind, so I can help you some thing in my ability. Fact, I want to have opportunity to practice English with foreigner. Contact me: [email protected].

Have a good day!

Hello, i have just arrived in Hanoi... my name is Jenny I am 20. Me and one other lad are over here for an internship, we will be here for 12 months, feel free to give me an email [email protected] , im sure we can find some places to go, went to bucket bar the other night that was good! hope you settle in ok

Jen

Hi guys,

welcome you to Hanoi and hope you will have the best living experience in Hanoi, Vietnam :)

Thankyou! :)

Hey Guys

I just moved to Hanoi just this last Tuesday. A place called Tay Ho is really good for Western culture. I went there with some friends I'm staying with and we had Fish and Chips and just last night I went there for a really cheap wine tasting they have on Friday nights. If you ever need to find somewhere to live like apartments, houses etc just google New Hanoian. Its really good for finding places and also looking for jobs too.

Feel free to email me on [email protected]

Good luck!

Hi everybody,
i' m milly from Indonesia. Want to find some friend in here.
I have stayed here for 5 months. I also want to find the job.
Is there any website to find job? For now Im studying Vietnam language

Hey Milly New Hanoian is good for jobs.. they have a classified section and a whole section of jobs!
are you enjoying Hanoi?

Jen

Halo jen..
Thanks for reply.. I will try the website..but actually is it difficult to find job if we don't know the vietnamese language.
anyway, are u working in hanoi now?
For me, hanoi is ok..and almost get used to of it.
And how abt u?

Hi milly you, what kind of job are you looking for? in new hanoian they have lots of teaching English stuffs so take a look. i think that job wouldnt require much Vietnamese ( as they ask for foreigners) :) hope this can help.
btw, contact me if you need any help in communicating with Vnese, studying vietnamese or maybe just hanging out. Hanoi is my hometown.
my email : [email protected]
enjoy hanoi!!

Hi Ngoc..
I've seen the website. I'm not so interested in teaching.
I prefer to work in some company,but I find it difficult.
Yah , we can hang out together if u have free time.
So wht is ur activity everyday?

great to hear from you!! yes how about next week in the evening? i have no plan at the moment so tell me when u wanna meet up.
i'm a student but it's summer vacation so no studying atm . oh and im a volunteer helping orphanage in Bo De pagoda.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi Ngoc,

Yah, next week also can. may i know your phone number?so will be easy to contact..which area are u stayin ?