18000 CNY for a single expat

hello there,:) i will be relocated soon around July in Shanghai..i dont know what i'm up to, what to expect etc.
Any comments on the package given to me?

- 18000 CNY
- free accomodation
- round trip airfare per year
- 2yrs contract

is this decent enough? i am now in Singapore and have no idea living in Shanghai. Hope you can enlighten me here friends :)

Hi broaSH,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

thanks for the warm welcome! :cool::cool::cool:

comments, anyone pls :|

Christine wrote:

Hi broaSH,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

broaSH wrote:

hello there,:) i will be relocated soon around July in Shanghai..i dont know what i'm up to, what to expect etc.
Any comments on the package given to me?

- 18000 CNY
- free accomodation
- round trip airfare per year
- 2yrs contract

is this decent enough? i am now in Singapore and have no idea living in Shanghai. Hope you can enlighten me here friends :)

Hi Broa
18k with accommodation provided means u could live a pretty comfortable life in this city, u will have higher purchasing power than in Sg but dun expect the Livalavida or Bling*Bling kind of expat life.

Anyway, for expat from South East Asia, typically 4 round trip air tickets would be given. But u knw all these depend on how good u negotiate the package and how much the employer needs u.
Just my 2 cents.

Hi Vincent, that would be nice then :) thanks so much for the reply...really appreciated!

Hi,Broa.
Welcome to live in Shanghai~
18000CNY and free accomodation.
It's enough.
Any problem or question,just inquire:D

Thanks billgyz!!! :):):)

billgyz wrote:

Hi,Broa.
Welcome to live in Shanghai~
18000CNY and free accomodation.
It's enough.
Any problem or question,just inquire:D

Hey, taxation in China is very high. You wanna check with the company of they do tax equalization for you. If not, do your own math and you need to keep a portion of your salary for it. 30% usually depending on your salary range

hi,
I'm now a university student so me too free accomodation, our campus isn't in the centre(30 minutes by metro), and I spend 1000CNY per month, more than enough, you can count yourself :)

Thanks for asking those questions and everyone who answered here. I am considering a job offer in Shanghai as well so this is helpful. All the Singaporean friends I spoke to said that cost of living in Shanghai is higher then Singapore.

Keep the questions and answers coming, its really helpful :)

its not bad