Cost of living in shanghai - 240000RMB per year - ok salary?

Hi i am moving to shanghai   will be getting around 240000 per year in shanghai, is it agood salary  to live with my family there, How costly is english education, how is the living standards,safety

Murale wrote:

Hi i am moving to shanghai   will be getting around 240000 per year in shanghai, is it agood salary  to live with my family there, How costly is english education, how is the living standards,safety

Welcome

Please read through the many informative posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page.

You get 240'000 WHAT a year? Eggs? USD? RMB? Is it before or after tax?

Assuming you mean RMB:
240'000 RMB are enough for living in Shanghai, but if you want English education for your kid's this might be not enough, as the International School is very expensive. If kids go to the Public school, then 240'000 will be enough.

Same as most Chinese cities, Shanghai is safe.

@ nikocord   amazing answer... I agree with him here . Other thanks  the salary consider other things .

The amount is before tax of after tax
How many kids you have
You want a  international School or a public school here
Will your employer give you a family sponsorship
Will you get annual bonus
Medical insurance
Are you vegetarian
and many other things you can think of
For me i would not call it a good package if you have more than 5 years of experience in the field you are .
For rest i wish you luck . Welcome to Shaghai. Great city great people. You will be safe to move around.