New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Hungary forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Hungary if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

My name is Azra and I am currently living in Sarajevo, Bosnia. I fell madly in love with a wonderful Hungarian man and I am looking to move to Budapest in spring :)) We are looking for an apartment in Budapest, and I look forward to exploring this beautiful city. I have visited a couple of times and I am absolutely charmed.
Currently I am looking for a way to find a job in Hungary, since I am of Bosnian nationality and Bosnia is not in EU, the process is not so simple from everything I read so far. I am a highly skilled professional so I am hopeful that I will manage to find an employee who would be willing to hire me, despite my current lack of a working permit.
My plan is to enter a language course upon my arrival, since I want to learn Hungarian and emerge myself into the culture as much as possible.
Any kind of advice is more than welcome!
Also, I am very sociable person so I would love to be able to make some expat friends!

<3

Hello,
I am a mother of three children and we moved to Budapest with my French husband after having spent 6 years in Luxembourg and two years in Frankfurt, Germany. I am originally Hungarian and went to university in Budapest, but have spent many years abroad as a child as well (10 years in the USA). My husband opened his medical practice as an osteopath and physiotherapist (PhysiOsteo) and I am currently at home with our 4-month old baby. In Luxembourg I worked as a psychotherapist and family therapist but am enjoying the time at home right now. I will probably start again working a few hours in September.
I hope to meet other English or French speaking moms and parents and become involved in the expatriate community in Budapest.

Hi Kinga,

I am part of a expat forum in wHatsapp annd every now and then they are looking for osteopaths who speak English! If you give me your mobile number, I can add you to the group :-)

Cheers,

ana

Hello there!
My name is Ana. I've moved with my family to Budapest a month ago after having lived 10 years abroad. But I lived here for 8y before I moved abroad. Difficult to understand, right? Well, I am amazed how much Budapest changed in these years we spent abroad and anyway it became a totally different city when you have kids (or not).

Cheers,
Ana

Hi my name is Palesa and I have lived in Budapest for a year before, currently moved back for longer term. I'm originally from South Africa and have been living and working abroad for the past 4 years. I am looking for a long term rental accommodation and full time job here, doesn't seem so easy when you are not so fluent in Hungarian. I'm hoping for the best!

Palesa22 wrote:

Hi my name is Palesa and I have lived in Budapest for a year before, currently moved back for longer term. I'm originally from South Africa and have been living and working abroad for the past 4 years. I am looking for a long term rental accommodation and full time job here, doesn't seem so easy when you are not so fluent in Hungarian. I'm hoping for the best!

Best of luck to you.

Hi, My wife and I are planning to retire to Hungary later this year. We have spent time in the Keszthely, Heviz area and would, ideally, like to rent somewhere for 3-6 months around this area, this should be time enough to see if it is a viable option. We are both making efforts to learn the language. Any tips would be most appreciated. Planning to visit again during April/May.

Hi. My name is Alyson Feltes - know as 'Aly". I'm a recent arrival to Budapest as part of a crew working on an American TV series, which will start filming here next week for many months. I have lived abroad for many years on and off for work and love the adventure of a new place. While weekdays will be very busy, I would love to join anyone who is part of a hiking group, or kayaking group, anything outdoors on weekends. Home is Santa Monica, CA, though I have been living in NYC for work for the past little while.

Aly Feltes wrote:

Hi. My name is Alyson Feltes - know as 'Aly". I'm a recent arrival to Budapest as part of a crew working on an American TV series, which will start filming here next week for many months. I have lived abroad for many years on and off for work and love the adventure of a new place. While weekdays will be very busy, I would love to join anyone who is part of a hiking group, or kayaking group, anything outdoors on weekends. Home is Santa Monica, CA, though I have been living in NYC for work for the past little while.

Welcome to Hungary.   

There was a kayaking group guy on here a while ago.  I think they do it on the Danube and elsewhere. You'd have to search the forums.

Ever heard of the HHH (Hash House Harriers)?     You can find them in every  country.

Try here: HHH Budapest

Should try and call beforehand to check it's on for that day.  BTW, you don't have to drink (alcohol) as there's always an (non-alcoholic) alternative.

Thank you!

Hi,
For accommodation try online sites like Nestpick: it has many sub-sites on it, that's how I managed to find something really nice. Another solution is going through an agency: Eurocentre are really good, a large variety and client follow up.
I'm sure you'll be fine.

I come from China and come here to work , I really like to make friends, and I really want to know about various cultures. If you are interested me, you can contact me and let us be friends.

hello

Nice to read  your message
I am a French speaking woman.
I m looking forward to know more about the culture of hungary
How can we to contact each other ?

Thanks

Anna

Anna9977 wrote:

hello

Nice to read  your message
I am a French speaking woman.
I m looking forward to know more about the culture of hungary
How can we to contact each other ?

Thanks

Anna

Hi Anna, welcome to the forum :)

I'm not too sure who you wish to contact. But you can always google Hungary?

I hope thats of help?

anyone who konws well hongray , the culture, the coutume,
it'll be very interesting to konw some more about this country

Hello everyone,

My name is Anastasia. I am a singer-songwriter based in NYC and now I am spending more time in Budapest, the city that I absolutely love and hope to explore more of! I work part-time as real estate agent and would love to connect with more people here who I could help with finding property rentals/sales and simply meet some fun people as I am fairly new to Budapest! :) Hope to hear from you soon and have a good day!

Hi good day guys

I'm Cherry I came from Philippines
And now I'm living in Szeged with my husband
I'm looking to meet some friends here,
It would good to meet some Filipinas too...

Great to see to many nice people around here😊

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880443

Thanks!

Closed