American coming to Egypt to marry Egyptian fiance

i am coming to marry my fiance.  i leave this week from USA  and just found out my divorce papers have  to be certified here by state department and Egyptian embassy.  i obviously dont have time to do this and with our Government shut downs the service is limited.  is this certification a must to marry?

As far as I remember it says on the American Embassy website in  Cairo that they don't have central data-base for marriage/divorce; it is state-based. So the embassy cannot testify of whether you are married or not, but they can make you write (perhaps they have a form ready) an affidavit testifying that you have no legal reasons for not getting married and you sign it. This document is sufficient to satisfy legal requirements for an American to get married in Egypt

your documents and  papers must be certified

No

Of course because Egypt is the country of paper!!

No it's not good enough, they don't make it easy at all. You must send your divorce papers first to have certified by the state you live, the the department of state. After this it must be stamped from the Egyptian consulate in America.
The same scenario happened to me, and many others before...there's no way around it.