Questions regarding home construction in Cebu

Can anyone give me some insight on their experiences constructing a home in Cebu?

I will be building a two story home with a flat roof patio.
The footprint of the house will be 33ft X 33ft.  Half of the roof will be open patio and the other 50% with be a closed in structure containing a Bathroom, simple kitchen and family area during unfriendly weather.

Rather than build the house in conventional 4” hollow blocks, I would prefer to using poured concrete or extra large 8” concrete blocks.  Has anyone looked into similar building methods in Cebu and can you advise any information regarding pricing, materials and suggest any contractors you had a good experience with?

Thanks
Rick

Hi Rick,  I have just built a house in bourbon cebu,Best advice I can give you is not to trust anyone from planning stage to completion. I have been in the building trade all my life so I managed to get by. Just remember that money is the only thing they understand and they will get as much as they can from you while doing as little work as possible.I had 20 men on my project for 6 months and only 2 i would employ in aussie. Having said that the money that you will pay them wages is only a fraction of what you would pay in a developed country.

It is a good idea to use poured cement instead of blocks, by the time you lay the blocks, fill them with concrete, plaster inside and out you just about have enough cement to pour a solid wall, there are home builders here now building solid concrete homes