Short Term Rentals in Cebu City

Hello!

Just getting settled here in Cebu and wanted to offer my thoughts to those planning on coming here on a 1-2 month stay...

I looked around for months online before coming to Cebu for a short term rental and ended up at the Tune Hotel next to Ayala Center....

I learned last year living in Makati (but changing location every few months) that short term rentals can be a hassle...

Most want a one month deposit on top of the monthly rate PLUS charge you for elec/water/cable/internet... this can get extremely pricey... especially if you pay for an internet contract then need to break it before the end of the term (12 months)...

Also, if you are working with a Realtor, they don't make much money on a one-month rental and therefore won't likely give you much of their time... If you deal with an owner direct... be careful as the deposit can be a sticky issue and they may try to withhold it... Also, they have 60 days after you move out (as per standard lease agreement) to get you the deposit... and some will try to wait the full 60 days hoping you will forget or have left the country and can't collect...

I ended up staying at Tune because it's proximity to Ayala Center and they give a monthly fee inclusive of water/elec/cable/internet with no damage deposit... The rooms are small but clean... and their monthly rate is approx. 32,000

Anyone know of any other short term rentals like this?

Thanks!

J

Johnny, I have a friend whose condo is available for rent P35T/month ...@Ramos St. I can be contacted @ [email protected] or 0932-7322760 or (032) 4166084.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realty-Op … 724?ref=hl

Johnny5 wrote:

Hello!

Just getting settled here in Cebu and wanted to offer my thoughts to those planning on coming here on a 1-2 month stay...

I looked around for months online before coming to Cebu for a short term rental and ended up at the Tune Hotel next to Ayala Center....

I learned last year living in Makati (but changing location every few months) that short term rentals can be a hassle...

Most want a one month deposit on top of the monthly rate PLUS charge you for elec/water/cable/internet... this can get extremely pricey... especially if you pay for an internet contract then need to break it before the end of the term (12 months)...

Also, if you are working with a Realtor, they don't make much money on a one-month rental and therefore won't likely give you much of their time... If you deal with an owner direct... be careful as the deposit can be a sticky issue and they may try to withhold it... Also, they have 60 days after you move out (as per standard lease agreement) to get you the deposit... and some will try to wait the full 60 days hoping you will forget or have left the country and can't collect...

I ended up staying at Tune because it's proximity to Ayala Center and they give a monthly fee inclusive of water/elec/cable/internet with no damage deposit... The rooms are small but clean... and their monthly rate is approx. 32,000

Anyone know of any other short term rentals like this?

Thanks!

J

Johnny  there's 1Bedroom for Rent, brand new Fully furnish, located in the Uptown Area, 5-10 min drive to Fuente, Ayala, Hospitals, schools, church, accessible also to public transport, etc. Rent:  15T/MONTH   
Frohnie

hello,

im a relator and the terms of Tune is fair enough, most of my friends that owns condo unit in ortigas offers it just like what Tunes told you, yes it 30k for a month, with 10k deposit, to pay the electricity, water, cable consumption, the deposit will be there sure collections for these bills, the excess will return to the tenant, before the move in the billing should be clear, meters should be noted,

but not all owners are the same,there are lessors that ask for 1 month deposit, but i dont like it, some will not ask for deposit, but will ask you to pay P2,000/day.

the area for P30,000 rent is  24sqm....good for 2 or  3, i have no idea in cebu yet,

Hi Johnny,

I was just wondering if you got somewhere sorted in the end apartment wise.

I'm coming from Dublin and I'll be doing some tech work online myself.

I've researched Manilla,Ermita and Makati but Cebu seems like a more peaceful and less expensive option for me.

Dave

Hi..here's what i know in Cebu unit for rent, BARE only

studio - P18,000
2 bedroom - P24,000
3 bedroom - 26,000

payment terms- 2 months deposit, 2 months advance with pdc
terms - 6months minimum
location - winland tower, cebu

contact person-my mexican-american expat friend living in Cebu

hope this helps

davym14 wrote:

Hi Johnny,

I was just wondering if you got somewhere sorted in the end apartment wise.

I'm coming from Dublin and I'll be doing some tech work online myself.

I've researched Manilla,Ermita and Makati but Cebu seems like a more peaceful and less expensive option for me.

Dave

Why Filipinas often require deposit 1 month, pay in advanced 2 months when they come to our nation without deposit or paying advanced...you know how to earn

there will be contract given to you to abide by the rules of one month deposit or two months advance especially for apartments or boarding houses. if you go for a hotel stay then deposit or advance payment is not always required if so you can always negotiate with the hotel manager. its a matter of open communication.

I`m planning to Philipine for few months to study English but from my research recently, I think that should not be my destination for some reasons like house....many small rooms with expensive rate with advanced, deposit payment... does it a poplar rule there ?

From my nation, 110$ you can find a nice and clean room, eg my home for rent, life is not so fair huh ?

Any recommend for reasonable place to learn English for 2 months ? thanks everyone

cheapest clean and nice boarding house or room rentals in Cebu City is around $100 - $300 U.S. dollar a month. A lot of koreans, japanese and chinese come here to study english. I am in fact an english tutor to Koreans since 2008. I am being paid $6 dollars per hour, you have an alternative of enrolling in school if you don't like tutors.

Thanks testingsc...I`ve decided that will stay here, my home and find a Native English tutor around 12$/h instead of coming there

Thanks

[Moderated: pls post an advert in the Housing section]

seriousLy??? i could give you Php6000 to Php 8000 ONLY in Cebu City and in Mandaue City.

Gosh  :|  I came to this website a little too late. Lolz.

Please let me know if you or your friends still needs help in looking for a place to stay, ours is up for rent. :)

Cheers.

Hi, I am looking for a three week rental this June for myself and my family visiting Cebu.
5 or six of us so really would like 3 beds with either a good balcony or outside space.
any offers?

Aww. I would offer my place up but it only has 1 queen sized bed.

Thanks for your quick reply anyway.

Hi again alan.
Send me an email and We can talk more. [email protected]
Regards
Garry

[moderated: no ads on the forum please, you can register your services in the Phillipines Business Directory.]

hi!

I will be in the cebu on july 11th til august 11th. I will be there for vacation and just to explore more about the hospitality industry in cebu. I am having a hard time finding a place to rent for just a month. and my budget is 15,000 php (mmaximum) I just need a studio type and I don't see any ads that offers a month term rental. I need help! 😢

Suggest you search apartelle which should bring up accommodation more suited to your budget, you might also like to contact Gary who is on this thread as he could put you right. I have got accommodation sorted and have decided to stay on Mactan Island in a 3 bedroom apartelle, thanks to Gary.

Hi Kath,

These may be a few thousand pesos above your budget but just in case you wont find anything else:

1BR for 16k
[link moderated]

2BR for 18k
[link moderated]

I do not know this listing but I am familiar with the areas nearby and could be okay.

Or just browse through the site and you might find what you are looking for in there.

Looking for rent in Cebu fully furnished 1 bedroom
For this coming end of June 1-2 months .

Hi cyprizzle
Pwede details sa rental if available pra sa end of June for 1-2 months
Thank you.

hi Syrene. I have a 3br apartment on Mactan. Monthly rental is normally P32000 and long term lease is P21500 but I will provide for you at P18000/mth but u must pay for your electricity and water.

..perfect timing, I'm looking for a 1 bdr condo/apartment to rent in Cebu to rent mid august to Sept. I like the Ayala area and Marco Polo towers. have seen plenty on the internet but most want as much 38 K - 40K  as 4 months upfront. 2 months deposit and another 2 months in case the tenant does not pay the condo fees. Appreciate any help and suggestions you can give.
Cheers!

Hi, do you know anything about Tagatay or have a realtor friend who I can contact. I am going to be looking at a place I'm coming to Manila August 18 and planning go directly to Tagatay. Thank You

Tagatay is a flight or long (24 hour) ferry trip from Cebu, but one poster on here lives there, and seems very helpful.

WintergolfinPI https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … mp;lang=en

Hi,
I know this is an old post but do you still have this unit available? If so, let's talk. You can send me a pm also. Thanks.

gmcne4 wrote:

hi Syrene. I have a 3br apartment on Mactan. Monthly rental is normally P32000 and long term lease is P21500 but I will provide for you at P18000/mth but u must pay for your electricity and water.

Still available, let me know, pm. Txs.

iemanja wrote:

Hi Kath,

These may be a few thousand pesos above your budget but just in case you wont find anything else:

1BR for 16k
[link moderated]

2BR for 18k
[link moderated]

I do not know this listing but I am familiar with the areas nearby and could be okay.

Or just browse through the site and you might find what you are looking for in there.

If still available, pls let me know. Txs.

I think rich families with so much room for other people in their houses should consider homestay arrangement. It's something that we don't have here in the Philippines but very common in English-speaking countries. I wish I had a house for foreign guests. That would be so interesting!

Hi just a luck. I have condo and Houses for rent and I am happy to help you guys your need. Thank you

Hi I can offer you My condo unit. I own the unit and I am currently live in Newzealand.

Can you provide some details about your condo for rent?
sqm
rooms
bed size
furnishing
rent
location/landmarks

Hi My condo is a studio type unit just new built condo, fully furnished with queen size bed. everything is almost new with aircon. condo  has swimming pool, gym etc, this condo located the heart city of cebu 5 mins to ayala and 3 mins to mango avenue which clubs, coffee, store, school and etc located. most of the people staying there is all foreigner. condo can stay up to 2 person only because condo is just 24 square meter. i have also a house for rent which is fully furnished but not cebu area its 35 mins to cebu. My house is also fully furnished

jasonswits wrote:

I think rich families with so much room for other people in their houses should consider homestay arrangement. It's something that we don't have here in the Philippines

They already do.  One website alone currently has  520 homestays advertised in the Philippines.

How popular they are though is another question.

Cherylan what is the price for a month stay in your condo? I'm Currently in UNited States and planning to go to Cebu in mid January-February. Is your condo available during those months? Thanks

Hello actully My condo is 20k  pesos a month and I don't know if its still available next year I will just keep you updated. The condo is located @ the heart of Cebu. It's located @ mango avenue. :-) condo is fully furnished, with new pool at the 3rd floor, function room and gym. 24 hours security. As of today the condo is still available. :-) I have also a house which two story but 30 mins going to Cebu city but 15 mins going to the big sm mall. Thanks for your message :-) p.s any problem or hesitation I m welling to help you

Still too expensive for my budget. If you find a clean pension or guest house for about P500, please let me know. I'll be coming in January, staying for two months while volunteering at a mission and need a place to stay for a few days periodically. xxx Thanks for any help.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging + search in the directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct