Seeking backpackers for accommodation in Cebu.

Hi All.
Am looking to visit Philippines and Cebu for the first time,early next year and may stay up to two months.I have seen on the net a backpackers in Cebu City called Cebu Guesthouse,it is in Mango Avenue.Am told it could be in a noisy part of the City,where they do Karaoke etc,which i will not like.Does any one know of this backpackers or area?
Am also looking for one in Toledo.Can anyone be of assistance in this regard?Or if you know of a very reasonable place to stay,please let me know.
Thanks
dkcape

Hi! I often stay in hostels when travelling as it's a good way to socialize and make new friends. However, I'd prefer staying in hotels when visiting the Philippines since I don't think the hostels here are that much appealing. There are a lot of good and reasonably priced hotels in Cebu

Where are you planning to stay during your visit in Cebu? Near the beach or near the heart of the city?

With my warmest regards. Take care! :)

Hi,it will all depend on where i find reasonable accommodation.That backpackers in Mango Ave is 325php per night or 1850php per week.At skips beach resort it is 500 to 1000 per night.
What price do you pay?

Prices really varies on the type of stay that you prefer...
for example if you opt to travel and be outside more than relaxing in your room a cheap hostel or inn will do since you wouldn't be staying that long. If it would be a 3D2N and you just want to relax away from home then I think it'll be worth the money hehe,.,.

Jubhie wrote:

Prices really varies on the type of stay that you prefer...
for example if you opt to travel and be outside more than relaxing in your room a cheap hostel or inn will do since you wouldn't be staying that long. If it would be a 3D2N and you just want to relax away from home then I think it'll be worth the money hehe,.,.

I am looking to come for approx two months,hence looking for cheap accommodation.Thanks for the reply.

Hi dkcape,

Yes Cebu Guesthouse is located in Mango Avenue, but the noise of Karaoke and Disco Bars might not reach to that place, as the place is located approx. 800m or more away from the party place.

The P325 of Cebu Guesthouse is shared room. So if you really want to save much, then fully furnished apartments could be a good option.

You can find plenty of those in the net.

Enjoy your Visit in Cebu!

:up:

anne_sugar wrote:

Hi dkcape,

Yes Cebu Guesthouse is located in Mango Avenue, but the noise of Karaoke and Disco Bars might not reach to that place, as the place is located approx. 800m or more away from the party place.

The P325 of Cebu Guesthouse is shared room. So if you really want to save much, then fully furnished apartments could be a good option.

You can find plenty of those in the net.

Enjoy your Visit in Cebu!

Thank you for this very useful information.At least now i know it is quite far from the noise.

I dunno if you've been through here yet but it's better to stay at a decent hotel just to be safe. Any near Ayala Mall is good.

rstnpce wrote:

I dunno if you've been through here yet but it's better to stay at a decent hotel just to be safe. Any near Ayala Mall is good.

As said i have yet to visit there.What is the problem with the safety there?

Hi,

I don't think Cebu is not safe.
Cebu Guess house's owner is a close friend of mine, and I am not promoting their business here. anne_sugar is correct that the bars and karaoke is more than 800 meters away if she's referring to the mango one place where bars are located.

Cbu Guess House is walking distance to Ayala mall.

catscry

catscry wrote:

Hi,

I don't think Cebu is not safe.
catscry

Hi,what do you mean by this?

Hi dkcape and rstnpce,

Just a thought.

Where ever you would be, whether you think the place is safe or dangerous, what is important is for you to be careful and vigilant all the time.

Because sometimes,the safest place you think, could still be dangerous. People with bad intention would not chose a place where to attack.

Whether you are in Cebu, in Manila or even in your home country they do exist:-)

just be careful always.

Again, just a thought.

anne_sugar wrote:

Hi dkcape and rstnpce,

Just a thought.

Where ever you would be, whether you think the place is safe or dangerous, what is important is for you to be careful and vigilant all the time.

Because sometimes,the safest place you think, could still be dangerous. People with bad intention would not chose a place where to attack.

Whether you are in Cebu, in Manila or even in your home country they do exist:-)

just be careful always.

Again, just a thought.

Hi,thanks for this,as i totally agree with you.

there are a few cheap monthly rentals there (I've heard)... I think Winland Towers and JY Crown Palace work out to be approx. 500-600 Pesos/day if you rent on a monthly basis...

[moderated: no free ads please register in the business directory]

2 months is a long time to stay in a hostel.. you can go to almost any condo and ask if there are any empty units that you can rent for short term.. much better than a hotel or a hostel where your unable to cook your own food and usually have no privacy

[moderated: no free ads please]