Certificato de Registro de ciudadano de la union

Hello,
My husband & I will be moving to Valencia at the end of November.  We are EU citizens.
Where is the best place to go and get our Certificato de Registrato or what I think  may be called  the certificate of registration of  citizens of the union, can we get this certificate with the NIE together if so where?
We  found on the Spanish Governments website showing  one can go to the Spanish immigration -Officina de Extranjeria for the certificate of registration and the NIE. Has anyone ever done that?
There are so many contradictions on all these websites.
Finally, is there a standard size photo for our identity card.

When an EU Citizen  moves to Spain they must register on the EU Citizen Register.   If they already have an NIE, that number is shown on the application form, if they do not, then when the certificate is issued, it will bear an NIE.

One cannot any longer make the appointment at the police station,   it now can only be done online.

As you follow through the route shown below (it covers NIE and EU Citizen Registration and Residencia application for non EU nationals) you should be directed to the web page to download the appropriate application form,  the payment form (pay at any bank) and the documents required. 

No photo is required for EU Citizens, as the certificate which will be issued is not any sort of ID.  The only legal ID for a Brit is their original passport.  Of course for non legal type things, e.g. other than at the notary, the police, the courts etc.  other docs will usually be accepted.  Ones D/L is usually OK

Sorry but the M.O. is not exactly straightforward !

Good luck.

Go to:    https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/

(Where appropriate press aceptar,  to continue)

PROVINCES AVAILABLE:       CHOOSE the province where you are living/staying e.g, Malaga
•             SECTIONS AVAILABLE IN PROVINCE:          OPEN PAGE AND SELECT SECTION  REQUIRED
              e.g.    “policía  certificado de residente o no residente”  (that includes NIE, EU Reg etc applications)

•             ENTER THE DETAILS OF APPLICANT
•            CHOOSE NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR APPOINTMENT:  the one that covers where you are   
•             CHOOSE APPOINTMENT,  AND THEN CONFIRM
•             PRINT A COPY OF THE APPOINTMENT,   IF YOU WISH