NIE / TIE CARDS

Hello .

I appreciate if anyone who applied for NIE number and TIE card can help me .
First time comer to Spain by non lucrative visa , If I apply for these two cards in 30 days after my arrival :
1 - Do I need to provide a permanent address in Spain ? like rent and reside there for a while?
2 - TIE card need renewal every year or it is one time issued card ?
3 - Do I need to be present in Spain for a year continuously in order to be able to renew my visa ?

Appreciate your help .

NJ

I assume you are non EU as you ask about TIE, which most of us will know as RESIDENCIA,  which related ONLY to non EU nationals

if you are qualified to apply for residence status when the card  plastic covered with a photo and fingerprint, is issued the number which it bears ,  will be your NIE ( número identificación de extranjero )

Take a look here:-

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/en/ … nicio.aspx

THANK YOU FOR INFORMATION AND WEB SITE . I APPRECIATE

Hi to All

I am from England and now living in Switzerland.
I wish to move to Spain to retire in 3 years but buy a property now.
I am going to apply for my NIE and non residency form at the Spanish Consulate in Zurich.

Their website says in 4 week the NIE will be sent to a Spanicsh Police station - I hope somewhere in Valencia where I hope to buy.

Does anyone know how I will know where to collect it from and do you just walk in and they give it to you?
Any help with the systems would be very much appreciated - best Kevin

A few things you may want to consider

After Brexit,  settling in spain may not be an option for U.K. nationals, or if it is, the conditions may be different. Possibly the same as they are now for non EU citizens

To obtain an NIE one needs a substantive reason.  Intention to buy a property would  be such a reason

Having an NIE has no effect upon making an application for EU Citizen Registration   It is only a fiscal ID number.  Similarly, owning a property probably would be irrelevant.

Re an application for an NIE at a spanish
Consulate.   I think what you read about the certificate being sent to a police station refers to when one applies at a police station in spain.  In that case the cert would be sent to that station. 

In your case I am just about 100% certain you would collect it from the consulate  where you applied.

To collect it , one usually needs their original passport, as proof of ID, and the stamped copy  of the EX18 application form confirming that it was submitted

Good luck