TIE CARDS - Known as : RESIDENCIA

Hello ,

Any answer to this question - I appreciate :
TIE cards do expire ? how often ? every year ?
If yes in order to renew it do I need to stay in Spain for the whole year without leaving the Spain ? Do I need to prove that I resided in Spain all the year ?
thanks
nj

i understand that the first RESIDENCIA may have a validity of up to five years.  Ones status is temporary

Upon renewal it will be valid for ten years and the hold then assumes the status of permanent

A person with residencia may keave spain for up to two years and with special circumstances, family illness, cannot travel though pregnancy, etc one may apply for an extension to that

I have an appointment for my residencia (21 March in Benidorm), but for the life of me I can't find the web page with the details on what I need to bring, nor can I find the confirmation of the appointment. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

When  appointments are made online, I think the same web  page you have used, the docs required for EU Reg and NIE,  and the appointment is shown on the page.  And it says on the web page one must take a printed copy of the appointment to the police station

I do not know but I suspect if you return to the appointment you made, you should find the info you need

I believe one can no longer seek advice at the police station.   Certainly the one I work at are unhelpful

I just found what looks like a good guide on this process at http://frugalvagabond.com/obtaining-you … tranjero/. I still have questions, but I've got a local friend trying to help me sort it all out.