Looking around

Hi. I'm Bill. I am a semi-retired professional musician ( I am doing a single, play guitar and sing) and I am a semi-retired horologist. No, not a pimp, I repair antique clocks. I'm living in Tucson but looking to move to Mexico. Looking at san Miguel de Allende. I have a small retirement I live off of but can work if need be. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, looking forward to getting to know all of you!

San Miguel is a relatively expensive town for Mexico populated largley foreigners driving up prices. You will find, upon living in Mexico that there is no reason to settle in an expensive "Gringo" colony like that burg to succeed in your business even as an itinerant musician.  We have lived in Jalisco and Chiapas States for some 17 years and suggest you try another destination.  You´ll get by and on far less money.. Do not be intimidated by your current thoughts of Mexico´s seemingly mysterious nature.It is just another town down the road

Thanks. Good advice. Any place instead?

Hi, we live in a small town in Nayarit called La Peñita de Jaltemba. Yes, there is a residential area with lots Northerners in the next town but you could fine very affordable rentals.

We pay $9000 pesos monthly all included for a 2 bdr. Yesterday, met a Mexican you has a 2 bdr apartment for $3800 pesos monthly so look around and you'll find something suitable for your needs.

On the other hand, my wife and I don't support foreigners working or doing business illegally.

Adios y buena suerte en sy proyecto, GyC.