Dating in Mexico

Hi Fellow Expats (or Soon to Be Expats)....

I am a 38 year old single accountant from Boston, MA and my dream is to buy a property in San Miguel De Allende and live there six months after tax season is over--this would be in approx 2 years so I would be 40. Just booked a month long trip for June '18.

My question is about dating and finding a potential mate (ethnicity doesn't matter) in Mexico.  There is very little information available re gringas dating in Mexico, and I am well aware that statistically finding a boyfriend in San Miguel de Allende would be difficult since the ratio of men to women is about 1 to 7...

Realize I would probably have to venture out of San Miguel, but where?

If any could share their personal experiences and what I might expect from the surrounding culture as
a white woman who would date a white man, or a latin man, or any man so long as he is a good man ;)

Gracias,
Krista

It is not so much the ratio of men to woman it is the age of the men and woman.  I am a  63year old male  and though I have been here only 8 months I find it difficult to find anyone in my age group to date.    My guess is that you will find Mexican men your age but I would imagine your espanol will have to be good and then there is the obvious cultural challenges.  I would imagine most surrounding areas have a similar situation except for possibly Mexico City but that is `150 miles away.  Steve