Moving to Malaysia

i have got a offer of 6000 Rm in kula lumpur
My current salary is 80000  inr per month in bangalore india..
So please suggest me should i move out there or  should i stay back in india.
i am not able to make an decision so i thought to ask with a expert..
Guys please reply me asap i have to confirm on this...

Hi!

Let's assume net pay:
80K = 1mil per annum.
MYR 8K pm is 1.5M INR

Generally employers in India offer 30% hike. Which means if you were in India, you would have likely received 1.3M in India from your next employer. Comparing with current offer you are just 200K INR short.

Now bear in mind, hikes in India per annum are around 10% give or take. This is not the case in Malaysia.

If you are able to save 50% of salary in India - we are talking about 40k whereas the same 50% in Malaysia would 64k.

Your decision will be dependent on
1. Role - will the role propel your career?
2. Duration you plan to stay abroad?
3. Current family size

If you are getting a very good role that offers great career propositions. And you intend to spend a few years and move out of Malaysia. And you are single  then my answer is Yes.

But if the role is similar, you have a wife and kids, and you have a long term plan then think more.

In my humble opinion 80k INR is a good salary. I don't know if 8K is equally good in Malaysia.

Best wishes.

Correction - I saw 8k but it is 6k. Now the numbers look different. Sonare you saying that you have been offered almost similar pay? Or there are other benefits like housing, schooling?

I don't follow. Sorry.

nope
6k is the salary it doesnot include any thing...

Check on Numbeo and compare cost of living - I think this will make up your mind

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ala+Lumpur

This link provides details of cost difference and how much more expensive KL is compared to Bangalore

All this is HEAD considerations but HEART is also important. If you want exposure and a taste of living in a different country and new adventures, then if you are single accept the job and pick up the pieces later.

However, if you rely on your friends and family and are not particularly independent, then stay in India because moving to another country is stressful and often lonely at least initially.

Head vs 💓
I like it :)

What you guys suggest ...
Should i move or should i reject the offer..

What you guys suggest ...
Should i move or should i reject the offer..

The final decision is yours.

(Hope you read every word in the replies that were given to you)

Bro 6K MYR compared to 80K INR is too less.

If company pays for your car, house rent and the above 6K is after taxes then you are good.

If its not, accept it only if you get more than 10K.

Thanks bro

that is like...30% increase from your current salary. let me gave you a breakdown on living cost in malaysia for a lonely single guy like me

room rent - 500
transportation - 200
petrol - 300
phone - 100
food - 30 x 30 = 900
entertainment - 200
cigarette - 100
etc - 500

total not even 3000

i haven't bought a house. though i already finished paying for my car thus you won't see them in the list above