Monthly Expenses

Hi All,

I got an offer recently and not sure whether to go for it.

The package is 500 riyals including accomadation, food and transport.

The work place is in Knowledge oasis oman.

Would be very grateful if you can let me know how much it will cost for the accomadation food and transport

Also which area would be suitable to stay

Thanks in advance

Hi Giridar,

R.O. 500/- in hand is not a bad deal for a bachelor.

The main expenses would be accommodation, food and transport, which have already been covered in your case. (Or is it not ?) So that leaves you with just your personal maintenance and entertainment expenses.

On the contrary, if the total package is R.O. 500/- from which you would have to take care of everything,
including accommodation, food and transport, then it may not be an offer that is worth much consideration. Since, after all the expenses you would be left with little or nothing for yourself, depending on the place of your stay and of course your lifestyle.

If you read the numerous other threads of discussions on thi ssame subject, you will find your specific answers to all your queries.

Hi Sumitran,

Thank you very much and could you please suggest an area which is near to Knowledge oasis to stay and how to get there

Sorry if I am asking for more

Hi Giridar,

Neighbourhoods around KOM where you could look for accomodation are are Al Khoud, Al Hail, Al Seeb, Al Mawaleh.

Getting around would be a bit of a hassle since these places are not very well connected by public transport.

You will find the yellow taxis and the baiza buses. But they may not be very dependable and erratic. If the Muwasalat is plying along this route then it would be the best option.