Guidance appreciated - 14500MYR

Me - Male, married, 31.

I have an offer with 14500MYR (sign on bonus 12k pa and annual bonus 14500 separate). The role is good from a long term career perspective.

Situation- Currently me and my wife saved about 130K INR per month. We are expecting a baby in Feb 2018. So unless we can save about 9K per month, we won't be in a great position in KL. For 12 months I will be alone. Family would join in late next year.

So I wonder:
1. Is it possible to manage in 5500pm for a family of three. We are extremely modest in spending. I will spend about 2200 to 2500 on rent. Rest all routine expenses. No alcohol, smoking etc. Not much eating out etc.
2. I am hoping my wife can get a job reasonable to her experience. She has solid 10 years of experience in banking. How easy or difficult it has been for expat spouses to secure a job.

Let me know your thoughts. This forum has guided many people and likewise I want to take an informed decision.

The entry point to qualify for the RPT visa is basic salary of RM15k per month - suggest you negotiate your salary  https://rpt.talentcorp.com.my/ I also think bonuses are taxed at 30% but check this with the employer

1. Yes can live for under RM5500 per month

2. Banking is one of the sectors that has strong protectionism so highly unlikely your wife will get employment in that sector unless she has skills not available among the Malaysian workforce.

Work on the basis she will not be working.

This recruitment portal deals with jobs in the banking sector https://www.efinancialcareers.my/  It's probably a good place to search as a foreigner.

That's helpful!
Thanks.

So if I can get them to offer me more than 15K, I would be eligible for RTP.

But for RPT too, I will have to ask them to get it done right? I don't know what visa type they would apply for me.

Should I check with them the Visa type?
Will having a RPT be of help to me or my wife in future?

RPT is only accessible after 3 years on Employment Pass (EP is type of visa which the company will apply for now). RPT is a personal, extendible visa which can lead to a PR.

Oh I see.
Means if I get an EP now and stay for three years, I can apply for RTP then. Makes sense. I believe it would be helpful.

I updated previous post - RPT can potentially lead to a PR. Holding a RPT is a good option as employers don't have to use their foreign employee quota. This makes more jobs accessible.